Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Lol. Dude, i know. But knowing me, id take something i'm not ready to do and do a Richard...

Richard crashed on a road.

Guest Omega Man

I know...

And the rock drop. On his pivot...

Yeah to be fair I don't have the stones to hit the rock jump flat box on my AM bike. DH bike no probs. It's got such a horrible landing. Just a big THUNK.

Note to self: dont comment on this thread as it will then keep on popping up on your "latest" and make you want to pack your bike-in-a-box and go on a daily basis.....

I will do France in 2014 and Canada in 2015. Want to go to Silverstar, Vancouver (yes to party too), Kamloops and of course Wistler. (My brother lives in Canada and I havent been, so I guess Ill make it a long trip).

edit: changed the years (was kinda living in 2012 stll)

Edited by hayleyearth

Note to self: dont comment on this thread as it will then keep on popping up on your "latest" and make you want to pack your bike-in-a-box and go on a daily basis.....

I will do France in 2013 and Canada in 2014. Want to go to Silverstar, Vancouver (yes to party too), Kamloops and of course Wistler. (My brother lives in Canada and I havent been, so I guess Ill make it a long trip).

NICE! Don't you mean France in 2014 though? Cos it's getting pretty damn close to when you need to be going. Or have you already made plans with the Patchy One?

Yeah to be fair I don't have the stones to hit the rock jump flat box on my AM bike. DH bike no probs. It's got such a horrible landing. Just a big THUNK.

I dont'; have the stones to hit it at all, yet.

NICE! Don't you mean France in 2014 though? Cos it's getting pretty damn close to when you need to be going. Or have you already made plans with the Patchy One?

oeps yip, had years wrong...eish it is still SO long.

ROFL. Don't worry, it's Friday.

Personally, I hope to get on my bike for the first time in a month tomorrow morning. This darn flu has been with me for a month now, and my BP was STILL high yesterday...

Guest Omega Man

You've still got time to come this year too.... Just saying.

Guest Omega Man

Les Gets Main line this morning. Horrible. Those perfectly machine sculpted berms. Ew. What I'm after is 2km of trail where the xc bandits ride up the berms and destroy the lips of the tiniest little jumps.

Oh wait.

To put things into perspective the berm in the foreground is about 2m high. this is about halfway down the track (2km) buy this pointt you've hit about 8 table tops and railed about 12 berms. Oh and about 4 hip jumps.

post-18968-0-92998200-1370245668_thumb.jpg

Then further down there's a few more massive berms. There's a line of 4 tables. the great thing is they get bigger and bigger. If you clear the first one you clear all 3. then further down there's a table jump triple combo. Place is mental.

Edited by Omega Man

Les Gets Main line this morning. Horrible.

post-18968-0-92998200-1370245668_thumb.jpg

Please send 22MP version so I can see if those lazy frenchies have attended to any of the braking bumps

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

Please send 22MP version so I can see if those lazy frenchies have attended to any of the braking bumps

Haha. They always do. Once. By the 2nd weekend the braking bumps start appearing. And by August they are 2 foot deep.

There are a few solutions to the problem.

1. don't ride Les Get main line

2. Go to Morgins

3. Find alternate lines

4. CTFU.

5. Spend 60k going to Whistler.

6. Ride the spyt.

Edited by Omega Man

Haha. They always do. Once. By the 2nd weekend the braking bumps start appearing. And by August they are 2 foot deep.

There are a few solutions to the problem.

1. don't ride Les Get main line

2. Go to Morgins

3. Find alternate lines

4. CTFU.

5. Spend 60k going to Whistler.

6. Ride the spyt.

hahaha!

Yeah I only saw a maintainence crew ONCE on Les Gets. I Saw them on a down run. Then again on the up lift. And by the next down run they were gone. I think they worked a total of 15min. They managed to fill ONE braking bump... one out of a gazillion. hahaha!

They probably went off for siesta (like the doctor I had to wait 3hrs for when I broke myself) :ph34r: :lol:

But still, braking bumps and all, PDS rocks!

Joh, this must be heaven......

All jokes aside, how do you think a trip like this will be for someone with a hardtail/4inch travel bike (which is by far the majority of people on the hub), obviously you wont do big jumps etc, will it be a waste of time and money?

Joh, this must be heaven......

All jokes aside, how do you think a trip like this will be for someone with a hardtail/4inch travel bike (which is by far the majority of people on the hub), obviously you wont do big jumps etc, will it be a waste of time and money?

Nope. More than enough trail friendly for the XC crowd...