Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

That's actually a super fun trail. It's easy but something of a challenge if you wanna go fast.

Yeah, that was the first trail Peach and I did. We saw the family sign and thought "how bad can it be". We found ourselves going way faster than usual without even trying. We also found our brakes weren't as powerful as we thouhgt they were (and that's considering we were both running 4 pot DH brakes).

Mont Chery and Super Morzine Black cooked them proper! My rotors were pinging from the heat!

Edited by patches

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the right trail it looks insane:

You know when it looks steep on camera, then its really really steep!

Guest Omega Man

Mont Chery and Super Morzine Black cooked them proper! My rotors were pinging from the heat!

Loove pinging rotors. I enjoyed Mt Cheri. Rode it on a rental GT ruckus for the first time. The super Morzine track is ridoncuous.

Edited by Omega Man

Yup. That's the one. It's open. You can ride it. Question is. Do you want to?

Not really, no. I feel I'd do some serious damage to myself. :whistling:

Also, a 100mm XC bike isn't going to fly at all there. Maybe when I'm big, I'll get a bigger travel bike.

Edited by TopFuel

If this is the right trail it looks insane

And that is Isak Leivsson, a WC rider. Not some average schmoe like us :ph34r: :lol:

Loove pinging rotors. I enjoyed Mt Cheri. Rode it on a rental GT ruckus for the first time. The super Morzine track is ridoncuous.

I've only ever done the upper part of Super Morzine :ph34r: :blush:

(to the part where it pops you out with that jump next to that left hand hairpin on the road. Then I ride the road back... I know, I know, don't judge me)

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

Not really, no. I feel I'd do some serious damage to myself. :whistling:

Also, a 100mm XC bike isn't going to fly at all there. Maybe when I'm big, I'll get a bigger travel bike.

Ja dude don't feel bad. I'm not even gonna go there. I know my limits and that track is way beyond them.

Guest Omega Man

I've only ever done the upper part of Super Morzine :ph34r: :blush:

(to the part where it pops you out with that jump next to that left hand hairpin on the road). Then I ride the road back... I know, I know, don't judge me)

Oh ok. That's still steep. The rest of the track from there is an old goat track full of leaves so you can't see the ground and you can't really brake without crashing. Interesting times. Fun tho.

Oh ok. That's still steep. The rest of the track from there is an old goat track full of leaves so you can't see the ground and you can't really brake without crashing. Interesting times. Fun tho.

The upper part with all those deep muddy ruts made me wonder if there was actually a "trail" there :lol:

Guest Omega Man

The upper part with all those deep muddy ruts made me wonder if there was actually a "trail" there :lol:

Haha. the year before it was illegal so it was just a random line in the grass and roots. I think they got sick of rescuing broken riders on it so they made it safer.

Haha. the year before it was illegal so it was just a random line in the grass and roots. I think they got sick of rescuing broken riders on it so they made it safer.

hahaha! You gotta love how there's always 1-4 ambulances waiting between the upper and lower Chatel lifts. Plus all thise ATV's for recovering broken riders and bikes.

Here's Peach chilling in one. (As mentioned before, I just think he wanted to hitch a ride to Thonon with the hot nurses, in stead of pedalling along the ridge again :ph34r: )

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404126_10151011773945658_1125619095_n.jpg

EDIT: Remember, take the RED ambulances. They're free. The white ones are not!

Edited by patches

Was going to spend some time watching tdf and touring, but after reading other threads on the hub, I have booked a week in Morzine

Will be there 8th to 13th (only 1 week)

More of a cross country and AM rider than DH, but still cant wait.

Must grab a few beers with you dudes one night

Guest Omega Man

Was going to spend some time watching tdf and touring, but after reading other threads on the hub, I have booked a week in Morzine

Will be there 8th to 13th (only 1 week)

More of a cross country and AM rider than DH, but still cant wait.

Must grab a few beers with you dudes one night

Rad. My work here is done.

We arrive on the 7th. I'd love to get a xc rider's feedback. Where are you staying exactly? Deff get together for a multibeers. and La Sherpa. That's a Morzine staple on a Wednesday night.

Just a heads up. fit a dropper to your bike.

If this is the right trail it looks insane:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_uIwy2EDQ

Ja, Champery is proper steep. The track is a serious wake up call to steep, technical DH! We did one run down and if we never had the current SA Champ with us (who had raced the track the previous year) I seriously would have reconsidered being on the track. We sessioned our way down the hill and managed to make it down without serious incident. I have no idea how the guys race that thing... It is serious business that!

Super-morzine was awesome. I recall our 1st run back into town using the route. We were all kind of rattled when we got down. The whites of every ones eyes were very visible but as it became our local run back into twon things got way easier... Then myself and a mate who had spent some time riding the off-piste unmarked trails got cocky and found what we thought was an awesome chute short-cutting a big switchback you do towards the end of the trail. We called it... THE CHUTE OF DEATH!!! it was just a crazy steep straight chute for well over 100m, none of the usual catch berms to control your speed on the way down, just changes in gradient, from fvck off steep to my brakes are sort of slowing me down. I ended up trying to contour out of the CHUTE OF DEATH which was working until I hit a tree. Good times!

I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!

Guest Omega Man

I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!

31 sleeps. Getting pretty amped now.