Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

But frankly the thing I'm most worried about is fitness. Last week I spent three hours in Jonkers just exploring on my ace and I was smashed.

Had such cramps from the long periods of descending in squat position with dropper-post down. Kaput eksê!

So time to pull those kettle bells closer and start pushing the squats and lunges :P

Fitness won't be a problem. Hand pain (the claw) will. This is my strategy to combat it.

• I use those spring loaded hand squishi thingy's to strengthen my hands
  • ODI rogue grips. This seems counter intuitive cos they are quite fat.
  • Hope brakes with the lever as close to the bar as possible. Makes for a more natural hand position.
  • Arnica. I start taking it a week before we leave
  • 3 anti inflams a day. 1 in the morning 2 in the evening
  • deep heat spray. I go through 2 tins over the 2 weeks. Just don't touch your eyes or dangly bits after you've sprayed it on.
  • Embrace the pain. You'll be bummed when it's gone.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitness won't be a problem. Hand pain (the claw) will. This is my strategy to combat it.

• I use those spring loaded hand squishi thingy's to strengthen my hands
  • ODI rogue grips
  • Hope brakes with the lever as close to the bar as possible. Makes for a more natural hand position.
  • Arnica. I start taking it a week before we leave
  • 3 anti inflams a day. 1 in the morning 2 in the evening
  • deep heat spray. I go through 2 tins over the 2 weeks. Just don't touch your eyes or dangly bits after you've sprayed it on.
  • Embrace the pain. You'll be bummed when it's gone.

yup! I was pretty far from fit last year. But 1st run down Pleney and we (Peach and myself) had to stop half way to rest our hands, as well as give a shout of excietment.

The braking bumps of Les Gets had my hands so sor that I had to split my run into 3.

We took Cataflam in the morning and the evening, for the first 2 days, after that we forgot/got used to it. We also iced our hands in the water troughs when opportunity arose.

I wouldn't call it arm pump... cos it's not... but it does hurt, and I will take as much precaustoin as I can to minimize it next year.

The place we are staying at has Specialzed Status's that you can rent cheaper than at the shops. BOOM! Yes I have thought of everything.

Legen.....

Guest Omega Man

yup! I was pretty far from fit last year. But 1st run down Pleney and we (Peach and myself) had to stop half way to rest our hands, as well as give a shout of excietment.

The braking bumps of Les Gets had my hands so sor that I had to split my run into 3.

We took Cataflam in the morning and the evening, for the first 2 days, after that we forgot/got used to it. We also iced our hands in the water troughs when opportunity arose.

I wouldn't call it arm pump... cos it's not... but it does hurt, and I will take as much precaustoin as I can to minimize it next year.

Someone in this thread did full runs on Mont Cheri, Les Gets, Pleney, Zore and Morgins blue this year.........

Harder than that oke that shot Brett Kebble Ek Se.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Man I'm so keen! Are we there yet?!

Haha. It snowed in Avoriaz last night so we are heading in to Winter.You must pay your deposit bru.

Edited by Omega Man

• I use those spring loaded hand squishi thingy's to strengthen my hands - I use a pair of breast implants
  • ODI rogue grips. This seems counter intuitive cos they are quite fat. - Check
  • Hope brakes with the lever as close to the bar as possible. Makes for a more natural hand position. - Check
  • Arnica. I start taking it a week before we leave - Check with added MSM
  • 3 anti inflams a day. 1 in the morning 2 in the evening - Brand?
  • deep heat spray. I go through 2 tins over the 2 weeks. Just don't touch your eyes or dangly bits after you've sprayed it on. - I use Joint Eeze - Q20 for human beings
  • Embrace the pain. You'll be bummed when it's gone. - Already quite fond of a little S&M

Check!

Haha. It snowed in Avoriaz last night so we are heading in to Winter.You must pay your deposit bru.

Month end guy! This was a on the spot decision so I have nothing saved! Its going to take me two paychecks to get the deposit together so month end will be one paycheck and a credit card :whistling: :clap:

Guest Omega Man

Month end guy! This was a on the spot decision so I have nothing saved! Its going to take me two paychecks to get the deposit together so month end will be one paycheck and a credit card :whistling: :clap:

Hahaha. Melt that plastic.

Guest Omega Man

Hi omega man

Maybe put it in perspective how many spots are currently left?

Who else from Hub land is coming on the trip?

Only 7 payments have been received. 2 guys say they are paying this week but it only counts when the numbers display on the screen. Apart from you there's 5 other hubbers who say they are in. Then there's about 10 other people who say they are in. So theoretically we are oversubscribed but the numbers need to show on screen before it counts.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

I have it with a small limit on it for emergencies and this is an emergency! :whistling:

Indeed.

Only 7 payments have been received. 2 guys say they are paying this week but it only counts when the numbers display on the screen. Apart from you there's 5 other hubbers who say they are in. Then there's about 10 other people who say they are in. So theoretically we are oversubscribed but the numbers need to show on screen before it counts.

In that case I need to get my **** together and quick!