Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure. If you look at the pds map the route is in orange. The only issue is making it back before the lifts close. You DO NOT want to be caught in Morgins when the lifts close cos of bad weather or the frogs end their working day. Cos hikabiking up multiple Alps to get back to Morzine will suck in the very worst kind of way.

We're having an Iron man race in our crew tho.

1 run down chavanne

1 down jump park

1 down mont cheri

1 down pleney

1 down zore

1 down *super morz

1 down each side of lindarets

1 down the top of chatel

1 down the bottom of chatel

1 down each side of crosets

1 down morgins

*you can roll down the road for the Super Morz leg cos there's only 1 trail on Super Morzine and it's a wet rooty cliff.

That's 13 runs in a day. The winner gets a 4 Euro bottle of red from Carrefour. It will be a team event. 2 riders. First team back to the chalet wins. It will be quite interesting actually cos the harder DH trails tend to be faster than the greens and blues but the guys on DH bikes will suffer on the traverses.

And then there's route planning. You have to take into account the lift opening and closing times. Do you hit Les Gets first or last? Do you do Crosets on the way to Morgins or on the way back from Morgins? Someone who's done multiple trips to the area might have a slight advantage. Hehehe.

Which day do you plan to do this?

Guest Omega Man

Which day do you plan to do this?

It will deff be in the 2nd week of our trip. We'll also make sure the weather is good. Don't want the lifts to close cos of lightning and be in Morgins when it happens.

It will deff be in the 2nd week of our trip. We'll also make sure the weather is good. Don't want the lifts to close cos of lightning and be in Morgins when it happens.

:eek:

no one warned me about this

Guest Omega Man

:eek:

no one warned me about this

Ja think about it.

You're on a metal bench that's linked to a bunch of other metal benches by steel wire which is suspended from steel poles which are linked to what is quite often the talest structure on the mountain.....

Ja think about it.

You're on a metal bench that's linked to a bunch of other metal benches by steel wire which is suspended from steel poles which are linked to what is quite often the talest structure on the mountain.....

Rats struck by lightning isn't a pretty picture!

post-24697-0-87723300-1405325027_thumb.jpg

Back to topic....3 weeks! I am so excited I can bearly contain my bladder!

^_^

Hog, please post a pic of that demo bike Patches and I get to abuse for 2 days :thumbup:

:ph34r: Clearly Peach plans on being too battered and buised to rider after day 3... AGAIN!! :lol:

Hog, please post a pic of that demo bike Patches and I get to abuse for 2 days :thumbup:

Unfortunately my plans to get it muddy in Austria didn't work out this past weekend, so it's still safely in the box. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to give it a test.

Guest Omega Man

I bought myself one of those Asus transformer laptop/tab goodies to store all our gogoon footage.

Guest Omega Man

A nice little learner jump in Chatel.......

post-18968-0-44177400-1405513579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man