Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

So in short it's not going to happen. No one has 80k in cash. Your wife is essentially making both trips impossible. I hope you pointed that out to her.

Maybe do the ski thing one year and then do the biking thing. Not trying to be a d1ck just pointing out the obvious.

woman :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I am burning to book one currently for Desember! (Well not a family one of course.)

I'm told the best time is end of Feb. no school kids. Still lots of snow and cheaper. I'm sure it's different everywhere.

You guys do realize that white stuff is snow hey? Which is made up of ice. Which is k@k cold. just saying.

So in short it's not going to happen. No one has 80k in cash. Your wife is essentially making both trips impossible. I hope you pointed that out to her.

Maybe do the ski thing one year and then do the biking thing. Not trying to be a d1ck just pointing out the obvious.

Nope. It's possible. My tank is being offloaded sometime soon, and is going to be replaced with something that I buy cash. That frees up an ENORMOUS amount every month, which can be used for holidays etc. Her car is paid of in a year, that's another enormous amount per month. My "salary" carries on increasing above inflation, and we've cut down on costs quite substantially anyway.

Then there's tax refunds for both of us, and so on and so forth.

In short - not impossible, not even improbable. Just gotta be smart about it, and do it the right way.

I'm told the best time is end of Feb. no school kids. Still lots of snow and cheaper. I'm sure it's different everywhere.

You guys do realize that white stuff is snow hey? Which is made up of ice. Which is k@k cold. just saying.

Yeah, but one doesnt feel it when keeping busy and one still sweats a lot .....AND cycling has never let my leg and bumb muscles SO sore like when I snowboard

Which means fireplaces, wine & sexy time... After skiing / snowboarding, that is.

Oh - ski trip cost VASTLY over-budgeted. Forgot the sprog would stay here with the grandparents. Awesome. That's a bucketload of extra expense slashed.

So now it's just a tax refund and 6 months car payments saved.

hahaha! A certain member of our group last year had only been married for 2 weeks before he asked his wife if he could go riding in France with his buddies :ph34r:

Are they still married?

This is good practical advice. I get so overwhelmed by all the trips and adventure on my bucket list that I end up doing none of them.

Guest Omega Man

Wahhhh....how may days left????

10 or so months. Wait till you start watching the web cams in March willing the snow to melt.

Edited by Omega Man

Got my request for leave in July/August approved today and deposit should be ready to be paid at month end! While in the spirit of things I ordered a Fox Rampage with free knee guards from Buycycle today :whistling:

On the whole trying to pack light side of things is there laundry facilities near by or at the accommodation and is it costly?

Guest Omega Man

Got my request for leave in July/August approved today and deposit should be ready to be paid at month end! While in the spirit of things I ordered a Fox Rampage with free knee guards from Buycycle today :whistling:

On the whole trying to pack light side of things is there laundry facilities near by or at the accommodation and is it costly?

Woohooo.

The hotel probably has a coin operated laundry machine. If not there's a laundromat a little way away. It is expensive tho. 11 Euro to wash & dry a load. but that's a big load so if anything you'll only was clothes once on the trip.

I'l post up a survival guide/list of necessary items closer to the time but i strongly suggest getting a light waterproof windbreaker. It does rain and it's also cold on some of the higher peaks even in the summer time. Cape Union mart has a nice one for around R500. and it rolls up nice and small to go in your pack.

Woohooo.

The hotel probably has a coin operated laundry machine. If not there's a laundromat a little way away. It is expensive tho. 11 Euro to wash & dry a load. but that's a big load so if anything you'll only was clothes once on the trip.

I'l post up a survival guide/list of necessary items closer to the time but i strongly suggest getting a light waterproof windbreaker. It does rain and it's also cold on some of the higher peaks even in the summer time. Cape Union mart has a nice one for around R500. and it rolls up nice and small to go in your pack.

The K-Way stuff is nice. Leaning towards something from Dakine myself. I think this is the only piece of kit I still need.

Are hydration packs still frowned upon?

The K-Way stuff is nice. Leaning towards something from Dakine myself. I think this is the only piece of kit I still need.

Are hydration packs still frowned upon?

Only bottle cages and saddle bags allowed :whistling:

Edited by Nofearnofun