Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

What tyres do you use in Morzine? I currently have a spesh purgatory 2.2 on the front which I enjoy. they have a 26x2.3 now which I would like to try and then move the 2.2 to the back. I believe its a bit slow rolling for a rear tyre but I'm thinking if theres ski lifts should I worry that much about slow rolling...

Ja. Slow rolling is literally the last thing to worry about.

I run Maxxis Minion 2.5 Front and Rear. Last year I ran a super tacky up front and the hard on the rear. This year super tacky front and rear. So same setup as here.

I'll probly do the same next year. If I decide on anything else it will be a Muddy Mary on the front and a Hans Damf on the rear. Having said that it's probly best to go with the gripiest tire that you are familiar with. So for me that's Minion.

I run my tires 1 psi harder there just cos I don't like fixing flats.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run Maxxis Minion 2.5 Front and Rear. Last year I ran a super tacky up front and the hard on the rear. This year super tacky front and rear. So same setup as here.

I'll probly do the same next year. If I decide on anything else it will be a Muddy Mary on the front and a Hans Damf on the rear. Having said that it's probly best to go with the gripiest tire that you are familiar with. So for me that's Minion.

I have been tempted to give minions a try :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

teaser for today :clap:

The best part is that is ONE side of Morzine. ONE! There's the Zore side too. I guarantee your first run down the mountain will top anything you've ridden before.

They are busy putting up a new high speed gondola for Pleney which is going to make things even better.

Planning on sticking to the Hans Dampf combo Im running now but Ill switch the from for the softest compound available.

Otherwise Ill run the tyres that come on the TuEs SE :ph34r:

Hi maxis

Are you planning on ordering the tues se?

I am planning on ordering the wicked 650b.

Thinking about ordering it before hitting Morzine and having it delivered there. Could work out well.

Strongly considering moving somewhere with mountains at some point to the YT will get a good workout.

Guest Omega Man

Hi maxis

Are you planning on ordering the tues se?

I am planning on ordering the wicked 650b.

Damn good value those bikes. But getting the here will be an issue.

Nic with the YT rig in the Background. Morzine 2012

post-18968-0-78609900-1379058984_thumb.jpg

Yet he is on my favorite bike :P

If I can hook one of those up at a good price Ill take it instead of the YT.

Guest Omega Man

Yet he is on my favorite bike :P

If I can hook one of those up at a good price Ill take it instead of the YT.

You might be able to hook that very one...... It's white now tho.

Guest Omega Man

Too soon. What size?

It's a medium. Only the frame will be up for sale tho. Nic is coming to France next year. He's a bit of a princess tho so he's gonna probly fly business class and we won't see him at the airport cos he'll be in the Emirates Lounge

It's a medium. Only the frame will be up for sale tho. Nic is coming to France next year. He's a bit of a princess tho so he's gonna probly fly business class and we won't see him at the airport cos he'll be in the Emirates Lounge

Lol. Too small though

Dont take my word for it at this stage but depending on how many of us there are and how busy (if theres a load of us) a certain airline's (which we wont be flying with) lounge is on the day. My father inlaw "to be" works for such an airline (which airline, we wont mention in writing). He always hooks me up when I fly :whistling: