Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

I call dibs on you or Karl for teammates...I'll try and keep up on the down, and wait up on the climbs ;)

Oh mega, I gather from this you didn't attend the spinning classes as you were supposed to...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Oh mega, I gather from this you didn't attend the spinning classes as you were supposed to...

I have a spin bike at home. But no. I didn't use it much at all. It's chills tho. I figure I only have to be fitter that the most unfit dude in the group. And there's a guy coming with who's MUCH less fit than me.

Besides. I've already planned my route bro. There's only 1 very short climb in it. The rest is flat or down or ski lifts. Hit the dropper lever and get into the 42 for that climb and then we're all done.

Whoever does the race with me is going to be begging for mercy. Cos 13 runs on Alpine tracks in a day is EINA and he's gonna have to drink a lot of wet cement the night before cos I plan to win.

That day will be a 90+km day with about 8km of vert.

Edited by Omega Man

I have a spin bike at home. But no. I didn't use it much at all. It's chills tho. I figure I only have to be fitter that the most unfit dude in the group. And there's a guy coming with who's MUCH less fit than me.

Besides. I've already planned my route bro. There's only 1 very short climb in it. The rest is flat or down or ski lifts. Hit the dropper lever and get into the 42 for that climb and then we're all done.

Whoever does the race with me is going to be begging for mercy. Cos 13 runs on Alpine tracks in a day is EINA and he's gonna have to drink a lot of wet cement the night before cos I plan to win.

That day will be a 90+km day with about 8km of vert.

Haha! You go bud. Tell the boys to take some Disprins along. Works wonders along with a few frosties.

Guest Omega Man

Haha! You go bud. Tell the boys to take some Disprins along. Works wonders along with a few frosties.

I'm stocking up on panamor's. When I cracked my ribs a few months ago they were the only things that would allow me to sleep through the night.

I'm quite keen to see how the tracer does over there. I've fitted my V2's and big rotors. Had the front & rear suspenders serviced. Gonna have to slow it down and try get styly on the jumps rather than trying to go fast this year I reckon. Also gonna try do some XC if I can tear myself away from the ski lifts and ALLLLLL of the free vert.

I'm stocking up on panamor's. When I cracked my ribs a few months ago they were the only things that would allow me to sleep through the night.

I'm quite keen to see how the tracer does over there. I've fitted my V2's and big rotors. Had the front & rear suspenders serviced. Gonna have to slow it down and try get styly on the jumps rather than trying to go fast this year I reckon. Also gonna try do some XC if I can tear myself away from the ski lifts and ALLLLLL of the free vert.

Nah boet, skip the XC stuff. Enough jeeptrack on home soil. ;) I think the Tracer should be quite fun over there. Good thing you've got some saddle time now to get the best out of the oukie.

Nah boet, skip the XC stuff. Enough jeeptrack on home soil. ;) I think the Tracer should be quite fun over there. Good thing you've got some saddle time now to get the best out of the oukie.

I don't think you get jeep track over there. I believe this is what they call XC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Urs_sL4fTg

I know dude, this thread is 97 pages long after all...

No worries then, no offence intended.

The col de cou traverse is on my to do list. Apparently there is a 400m jeep track climb (from the nearest lift) to get to the start.

The col de cou traverse is on my to do list. Apparently there is a 400m jeep track climb (from the nearest lift) to get to the start.

You guys are going to have so much fun. This trip is going right to the top of the bucket list. Now just to tell the missus that....o wait, we just bought her a Tracer 6 months ago... no excuses then!

Guest Omega Man

You go up Super Morzine. Then Zore. If you can tear yourself away from riding Zore you turn right. roll along the ridge. Drop into Lindarets. across to the Mosettes France lift. Catch that up to 2700m. 50m of Jeeptrack. Drop into Crosets. That's about a 45 minute descent into Crosets. Proper Alpine riding. Catch the Crosets lift up. The Dens du Midi will be in front of you. Turn right.

Guest Omega Man

You guys are going to have so much fun. This trip is going right to the top of the bucket list. Now just to tell the missus that....o wait, we just bought her a Tracer 6 months ago... no excuses then!

Bring her with dude. JEES! Do I have to do all the thinking around here?

I'll hook you up with a double room in the Chalet so you can get your freak on after a day of riding, dinner in the Alps and an hour in the Jacuzzi. I'm not sure how much more marketing I have to do here.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Speaking of Intense.

Karl bought his 3rd one. The tracer on the left.

post-18968-0-78391600-1404977268_thumb.jpg

Bring her with dude. JEES! Do I have to do all the thinking around here?

I'll hook you up with a double room in the Chalet so you can get your freak on after a day of riding, dinner in the Alps and an hour in the Jacuzzi. I'm not sure how much more marketing I have to do here.

Haha! Now that you put it that way...don't worry Ou mega, I have already put out the bait....

Guest Omega Man

I'm sorry to say this guys but it's all a massive hoax. It's OK at very best over there. If I'm being honest Tokai is way better than Morgins and Jonkers is probably 5 times better than Chatel. I'm not sure why I actually bother. Take a look at the video. The wet stuff is Morgins and the dry stuff is Chatel.

It's actually pretty sucky. And I'm told the best singletrack in the world is in the Unkomaas valley. Sorry for any inconvenience.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/370434/

Speaking of Intense.

Karl bought his 3rd one. The tracer on the left.

post-18968-0-78391600-1404977268_thumb.jpg

Can't get enough of a good thing hey? JP had that exact color Tracer before he got the Carbine. My one needs a make over soon. Was actually thinking of blue, but maybe more of a baby blue like the new Nomad. Will be heading to Bogus soon.