Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing that you have a PS4, you should consider FortNite. It has a free to play Battle Royale mode which is influenced heavily by PUBG

9cg74wt4lutz.jpg

I played Fortnite. It just doesn't compare. The cartoony Ben10 style visuals are a little discouraging if you are old enough to shave. The mechanics of the game itself also echos this juvenile style they went for. Things like bullet drop, recoil, gravity and hit response are somewhere between badly simulated and non existent. 

PUBG. As buggy as it is, ,focuses greatly on 'simulating a sense of realism'

Especially sound. The first time I saw the game I wasn't too interested. It just didn't appeal to me after playing Battlefield's frostbite engine. There's just no eye candy.

But you quickly realize that gorgeous graphics could take a backseat if the gameplay is good enough. And man is it good. Imagine the amount of code required to properly simulate what an automatic rifle sounds like 300 metres west of your location and being able to differentiate that from a suppressed automatic rifle 100 metres south west of your location. Its attention to detail like that you learn to appreciate as you continue to play. I mean. I can hear if the guy upstairs is wearing shoes or not. Seriously. They aren't the first to incorporate sound and the importance thereof to such a degree. But for a pre-release they pretty much nailed it. Lots of things they need to iron out especially on the visual side of things. But the gameplay is refreshing to say the least.

It might not compare in your opinion, but it is the only Battle Royale game on the console and it fills the void for many PS4 players.

I was just giving Lexx an alternative.

I will check both out tonight..  Thanks Penguin

It might not compare in your opinion, but it is the only Battle Royale game on the console and it fills the void for many PS4 players.

I was just giving Lexx an alternative.

It was the first hunger games, last man standing, type concept I ever played.

Developers are on to something here. And I think we going to see many clones. At some point. Someone is gonna beat PUNG at its own game. But not right now.

It just feels like we should have had battle royale shooters a decade ago. The die and respawn shooters will always have a place in my heart. If I die? No biggy, I'll respawn in a few seconds and join the same battle. But with this battle royale style play however. I've never had to think strategy as carefully as I do now. Self preservation gets the attention it deserves. If I die. My game is over. Engaging in combat is just that much more thrilling since there's so much at stake. Kills are almost euphoric let alone satisfying. And even if I die. I stick around to spectate to see how it will unfold. I've never felt compelled to do that in any game before.

That's why I switched over to PS4. Automatic updates and will never be out of date. PC is awesome, But don't wanna spend thousands of $$ every 2-3 years for a gaming rig upgrade

I hear you. I got my gaming rig in 2013 and haven't upgraded it since then - nowadays if I'm in the mood for PC gaming, I play the games it can run.

I did a Google search for COD WW2 for Switch, but it looks like it won't be released on the system. Doom will be released for the Switch on the 10th of next month, and Wolfenstein 2 is planned for release on Friday, so there's two FPS games that I plan on purchasing for the Nintendo console.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Official release is tomorrow..but of course I had to pre order it..and well...tada..

ee9e3f13cb24d689086f9b22027ee692.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice, I should be getting Super Mario Odyssey tomorrow.

PS: I didn't know you were into games?

Nice, I should be getting Super Mario Odyssey tomorrow.

PS: I didn't know you were into games?

PS.. I'm not ha ha ha..

I have 2 sons and the dad who are.. so although I don't physically play I know all about the cool games and the let downs after Black Flag...so this one better be good[emoji23][emoji23]

The owner at the local Ultimate gamer know us well.. my son wanted a certain game for his bday..I walked in their a few weeks before to ask him ..but I couldn't remember he name and he asked for which son and he said oh it would be Shadow of War..you can pre order and by the way Assassins Origins comes out the 27th..you can pre order now too..????

PS.. I'm not ha ha ha..

I have 2 sons and the dad who are.. so although I don't physically play I know all about the cool games and the let downs after Black Flag...so this one better be good[emoji23][emoji23]

The owner at the local Ultimate gamer know us well.. my son wanted a certain game for his bday..I walked in their a few weeks before to ask him ..but I couldn't remember he name and he asked for which son and he said oh it would be Shadow of War..you can pre order and by the way Assassins Origins comes out the 27th..you can pre order now too..????

I have Black Flag but still haven't played it, crazy I know.

I have Black Flag but still haven't played it, crazy I know.

What?!

Well maybe that's good.. you can play all the rest and play Black Flag last.[emoji23][emoji23]

I've had to sit through many discussions on games and somehow they are all compared to Black Flag..they all lose the which one is better battle to Black Flag..I have sat and watch hubby play many games..Even I was completely blown by it

How many AC are there now?

I was thinking of starting the collection.

A lot [emoji23]

Must be about 10 main series games

Then a few other ones too..there is an Enzio collection and the Americans collection..

How many AC are there now?

I was thinking of starting the collection. 

10ish games in the core series. Close to 20 with mobile versions. If you consider all the collections Ubisoft have published you are looking at like 30 attempts to make money in this series. Crazy really.