Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

Got a PS4 this past Tuesday ..can anyone recommend a really good game to try? So far I've only played F1 2017 and FIFA on it. the graphics are sort of decent, not as good as the PC version but not bad either.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a PS4 this past Tuesday ..can anyone recommend a really good game to try? So far I've only played F1 2017 and FIFA on it. the graphics are sort of decent, not as good as the PC version but not bad either.

I hear the new (not so new now) God of War is good. PS4 peeps also seem to be raving about Spiderman. Horizon Zero Dawn and the Uncharted series also seem to be up there with the top PS4 titles.

Otherwise, perhaps Google or YouTube the top 100 PS4 games, and then watch YouTube vids about those games and see which ones you might like [emoji51]

I hear the new (not so new now) God of War is good. PS4 peeps also seem to be raving about Spiderman. Horizon Zero Dawn and the Uncharted series also seem to be up there with the top PS4 titles.

Otherwise, perhaps Google or YouTube the top 100 PS4 games, and then watch YouTube vids about those games and see which ones you might like [emoji51]

Ah yes! Uncharted ,I've heard good things about that game. I'll see if I can get a copy today.

Far Cry 5, Wildlands Ghost War, Read Dead Redemption 2

Far Cry 5, Wildlands Ghost War, Read Dead Redemption 2

You PS4 okes with Far Cry 5, and here's me with a PC that will run Far Cry 4. I would need to upgrade my video card to at least a GTX 970 to be able to run Far Cry 5 nicely :cursing:

All sorted for the 31st.

Was bored so I decorated the desktop with Halloween stuff, and I picked up Diablo 3 yesterday. Excuse my "fancy" keyboard and mouse.

The Mrs and I won't be doing anything for Halloween, but I had to at least try to make things look interesting for Wednesday evening.

b5755732d3d654bf21e04bc941f1ba90.jpg

You PS4 okes with Far Cry 5, and here's me with a PC that will run Far Cry 4. I would need to upgrade my video card to at least a GTX 970 to be able to run Far Cry 5 nicely :cursing:

I struggle with FPS on console, I just can't wrap my head around the controls and it's not as precise as a mouse in those critical sequences where headshots are required.

I struggle with FPS on console, I just can't wrap my head around the controls and it's not as precise as a mouse in those critical sequences where headshots are required.

Haven't tried an FPS on console, but I had a go at Call of Duty: Roads to Victory on PSP, and it was very much a different experience to an FPS on PC.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

It is difficult to get use to the control on a console. But once you are used to it, its pretty amazing. I was a full blown pc gamer, and when my GTX8800 setup couldn't handle the games anymore, I switched to Console. But I agree, FPS games with a mouse is much better.

It is difficult to get use to the control on a console. But once you are used to it, its pretty amazing. I was a full blown pc gamer, and when my GTX8800 setup couldn't handle the games anymore, I switched to Console. But I agree, FPS games with a mouse is much better.

I never managed to get the hang of fps on a controller. It make me really angry most of the time when I tried. I was a pretty good fps gamer on pc and played in the high end of the DGL for many years so the console thing was never going to work.

Yeh, on the topic of FPS' for console.

For the Switch, in my opinion, the only two decent FPS titles are Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus and Doom, at the moment. Although I haven't played either one of them, but Wolfenstein and Doom have been around for ages. Out of the two, I would most likely get myself Wolfenstein 2, as I think I would poop my pants if I had to play the new Doom.

Wolfenstein for Switch is going for R845 from Takealot, and R799 on Steam. My PC won't run it, so that leaves me with the Switch version, but FPS' suck on console as apposed to PC.

Ag, I think I'll carry on with Modern Warfare 3 and then eventually install BF4.