Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, RDR2 is absolutely amazing. This is def the best game I have ever played. The graphics and game dynamics is out of this world... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Many hours spent on Wipeout 2097, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo

For me it was Tekken 3, Fifa, and Gran Turismo :ph34r: :whistling:

Edit: the good old days of gaming, but I still rate the 16-bit era as the best.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Picked this up from Checkers this afternoon. Got it for our daughter for when she's a bit older. If she breaks it, it's cheap enough to replace. If she enjoys it, then at least she can start on the games I started on when I had a Famicom. She'll be getting a bike for Christmas, one of those push bikes.

They're going for R179 if anyone is interested.

7893617f65f215f4a48d0bb5d9c2d61c.jpga2efd81e26509e8a66f2a6a036c09ad6.jpg

For me it was Tekken 3, Fifa, and Gran Turismo :ph34r: :whistling:

Edit: the good old days of gaming, but I still rate the 16-bit era as the best.

Ja Seaga was lekker. On the old PS we pretty mich only played THPS. My friends were into teken and they were mad good at it. Also played wipe out regularly.

Picked this up from Checkers this afternoon. Got it for our daughter for when she's a bit older. If she breaks it, it's cheap enough to replace. If she enjoys it, then at least she can start on the games I started on when I had a Famicom. She'll be getting a bike for Christmas, one of those push bikes.

They're going for R179 if anyone is interested.

7893617f65f215f4a48d0bb5d9c2d61c.jpga2efd81e26509e8a66f2a6a036c09ad6.jpg

Looks like a nes clone. Probably an emulator with pre-loaded roms. 

Great deal at R179 if you ask me. I'll probably get one for the nostalgia.

I have several emulators on my pc for all the old consoles and arcade games.

With literally thousands of roms. They are a pain in the ass to setup though.

But once its done its done. My daughter is 6 years old and I showed her all the

classic couch co-ops. Which we play occasionally. 

As far as couch co-op games go. We're hooked on this right now.

https://youtu.be/0ZK7veYPEJQ

I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

One of the most addictive games I ever played. Great fun.

I also think its a great bonding tool. You HAVE to work together.

We would be so much be further in the game if my daughter didn't always burn the soup!

Anyways. It also tests your lateral thinking quite a bit. There are like 5 raw materials and like 5 or so different dishes which all sound simple enough. And they are... in the first two levels at least. But then each level gets progressively more impossible. And you're forced to co-operate to fulfill orders. It gets pretty intense at times and you'll be surprised at how overwhelming the sense of achievement is when you and your partner succeed.  

PC version is like R70 on steam I think. Not sure about the sequal.

We play it on Xbox one. It came free last month with Xbox live gold.

Looks like a nes clone. Probably an emulator with pre-loaded roms. 

Great deal at R179 if you ask me. I'll probably get one for the nostalgia.

I have several emulators on my pc for all the old consoles and arcade games.

With literally thousands of roms. They are a pain in the ass to setup though.

But once its done its done. My daughter is 6 years old and I showed her all the

classic couch co-ops. Which we play occasionally. 

As far as couch co-op games go. We're hooked on this right now.

https://youtu.be/0ZK7veYPEJQ

I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

One of the most addictive games I ever played. Great fun.

I also think its a great bonding tool. You HAVE to work together.

We would be so much be further in the game if my daughter didn't always burn the soup!

Anyways. It also tests your lateral thinking quite a bit. There are like 5 raw materials and like 5 or so different dishes which all sound simple enough. And they are... in the first two levels at least. But then each level gets progressively more impossible. And you're forced to co-operate to fulfill orders. It gets pretty intense at times and you'll be surprised at how overwhelming the sense of achievement is when you and your partner succeed.  

PC version is like R70 on steam I think. Not sure about the sequal.

We play it on Xbox one. It came free last month with Xbox live gold.

You are correct, I think it has got an emulator with pre-loaded roms, and I think that's the case with the NES classic Mini and SNES classic Mini as well, and most likely with the upcoming Playstation classic Mini too. Got quite a few roms on my PC as well, mostly NES and Mega Drive roms, with a few SNES and N64 roms too. I have an Xbox controller for the PC which my daughter could use to play those roms, when she's a bit older, but I don't think there's anything quite like jamming some games in front of the TV on a rainy day, especially when you're starting off with gaming - hence the reason why I got that knock-off Famicom / NES for her. Once she's had a bit of experience on the 8-bit knock-off, then we'll let her have a go on the Switch, that's if she even takes a liking to gaming.

I see the first Overcooked for the Switch is sold out on Raru, but the second one is in stock on Takealot. I've watched a YouTube vid about the game and it seems like fun you could have with your spouse or your child.

The Mrs told me she saw Super Mario Party advertised on TV.

Here's the trailer:

It also looks like it could also be a fun family game, but at just under a grand from Takealot (and just over a grand from Raru), it's not cheap. Might be a good Christmas present the Mrs and I could ask Santa for, or we could get it for our daughter for her 2nd birthday next year, and then keep the game on the shelf for when she's a bit older.

By the looks of things, the prices of games, and consoles in this country are not decreasing. I paid R899 for Zelda: Breath of the Wild in July last year - it's now going for R1029 at Raru. There is the option to get games from the Nintendo eShop, which work out cheaper than buying physical copies, but in this country, you need a credit card for that, and I don't like credit cards, lol.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Robot Wars ... that is all .. best MOBA ! PVP u can keep the rest .. havent purchased a game since battlefield 3 .. and decided would never again with all the bugs hacks glitches and massive updates On a 899.99 game its dumb .. browser games nowadays are much better with small dl's on steam or facebook gameroom.