Ryder latex tubeless sealant

martinsnyman

Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm the claims that the above sealant will not solidify when a co2 bomb is used to inflate the tyre?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent used it long enough to find out - battled with that stuff for nearly a week trying to get a conti x king to seal. no love- got fed up and went and bought the more expensive stans - boom- sorted.

Anyone who make their own sealant? Read up on it a bit the other day, seems easy and not too expensive. Tips anyone?

Anyone who make their own sealant? Read up on it a bit the other day, seems easy and not too expensive. Tips anyone?

I did a ghetto tubeless conversion on an old Raleigh that was lying around. Decided to do the project properly with homemade sealant too. It worked really well. Just cant remember the recipe so well. It was liquid latex from an arts and craft store mixed with something and then I chopped up some wool really fine for fibres. As I said, it worked great. But it wasnt Stans. Edited by Turtle Man

Havent used it long enough to find out - battled with that stuff for nearly a week trying to get a conti x king to seal. no love- got fed up and went and bought the more expensive stans - boom- sorted.

Im also giving it a go. Im not overly impressed. Tyres are losing pressure overnight. I have had to plug holes twice during rides as the sealant couldnt seal the hole. Havent taken the tyres off yet to see if it has made snot balls from the bombs used. Bottom line for me, stick with what you know, Stans

Im also giving it a go. Im not overly impressed. Tyres are losing pressure overnight. I have had to plug holes twice during rides as the sealant couldnt seal the hole. Havent taken the tyres off yet to see if it has made snot balls from the bombs used. Bottom line for me, stick with what you know, Stans

Is it possible to get a bad batch of Stans? I have always been a huge fan and after trying just about every thing else settled on Stans. Recently changed my tires from Crossmark to RR snakeskin. Bought a new bottle of Stans to add to the new rubber. It just does not seal the punctures like it should. Even tiny pinholes like from little devil's thorns dont seal. The sealant just escapes until all pressure is lost. Now I am not sure if it is the Stans fault or the RR's. This is my first set of RR's, have always been riding crossmarks in the past.

Is it possible to get a bad batch of Stans? I have always been a huge fan and after trying just about every thing else settled on Stans. Recently changed my tires from Crossmark to RR snakeskin. Bought a new bottle of Stans to add to the new rubber. It just does not seal the punctures like it should. Even tiny pinholes like from little devil's thorns dont seal. The sealant just escapes until all pressure is lost. Now I am not sure if it is the Stans fault or the RR's. This is my first set of RR's, have always been riding crossmarks in the past.

Possibly a bad batch. Did you shake it up good? Get those fibres mixed in. Then again I had a set of RR s for two weeks. After going through a set of Conti's that I never ever had to plug, the RR'S punctured on the first ride. I took them off after 2 weeks as I was sick and tired of punctures with them. Plenty of Hubbers will want to flame me for this but in my humble opinion RR'S are crap tyres.

Possibly a bad batch. Did you shake it up good? Get those fibres mixed in. Then again I had a set of RR s for two weeks. After going through a set of Conti's that I never ever had to plug, the RR'S punctured on the first ride. I took them off after 2 weeks as I was sick and tired of punctures with them. Plenty of Hubbers will want to flame me for this but in my humble opinion RR'S are crap tyres.

I am starting to believe this as well, never had problems until switching to the RR's. Our local trail (2 River) runs through a lot of Acacia veldt, so a tyre sealant combo really gets tested here.

I rode RR's for close to 2 years, and ONLY had to plug one hole, that was my own fault.

As far as the Ryder latex sealant, just used a bottle, and will be able to report in a month or so.

I am a Joe's fan, as in my experience the Stan's made a latex alien ball within the first 10 days of riding.

Happy hoopin

Thanks guys, I must say I used to use Bat seal - I have not replaced the tyres, but cleaned them out and replaced with Ryder as the batseal was solid - so far I can report that the tyres are keeping pressure better than with the batseal. Will report back in a month or so and will check the sealant after the first bomb.

Thanks for the feedback though

I rode RR's for close to 2 years, and ONLY had to plug one hole, that was my own fault.

As far as the Ryder latex sealant, just used a bottle, and will be able to report in a month or so.

I am a Joe's fan, as in my experience the Stan's made a latex alien ball within the first 10 days of riding.

Happy hoopin

Just have to mention, if you do ride or use RR, it HAS to be the Snakeskin version

Just have to mention, if you do ride or use RR, it HAS to be the Snakeskin version

Highjack off

I read some ware on the internet that any sealant that is amonnia based (Stans and sludge) will go into balls if you use a c02 bomb on it. The alternative is Ethylene glycol or "antifreez" (OKO) this does not go into balls when used with a c02 bomb. I preffer the ommonia based sealants they just work better but they dont last as long.

I read some ware on the internet that any sealant that is amonnia based (Stans and sludge) will go into balls if you use a c02 bomb on it. The alternative is Ethylene glycol or "antifreez" (OKO) this does not go into balls when used with a c02 bomb. I preffer the ommonia based sealants they just work better but they dont last as long.

It is a fact that CO2 will react with ammonia based sealant to form a hard sludge ball. If I used CO2 on the trail I always let it out at home and inflate with normal air. Not sure how much this helps though.

Ja seems it's latex, water, sludge, and anything from pepper to glitter.

Would like to give it a bash, how did the cost compare? Maybe theres a nice recipe that will last longer and not stick to tires like stans.

• 4 weeks later...

This stuff SUCKS big time!!!!

In my experience, here by report back...

Tried, an NOT satisfied with results.

I had 2x leaking incidents in the last 2 weeks. For both I had to stop, and rotate the wheel to get the leak "submerged" in the latex sealant.

No immediate seal.

Once, I RACED back home to try and NOT get stranded with a flat. No seal (see pics attached), and a BIATCH to clean off.

For me, back to the old tried and trusted, Joe's.

That is me over and out on Ryder Latex sealant, and YES I did shake it well and use immediately and YES I did use the correct dose (actually a little more for initial seal), and NO I did not use a CO2 bomb. The wheel was floor pump inflated.

post-19310-0-88691100-1372334729_thumb.jpg

post-19310-0-71911900-1372334730_thumb.jpg