Ryder latex tubeless sealant

martinsnyman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found two devils thorns n my front wheel yesterday, removed them - luckilly I was at home, tyre deflated completely. I had to top up the sealant before the leaks stopped. I put 125ml in each tyre initially.

Going back to Bat seal!

Just another Ryder product that doesn't live up to expectation. Sad really.

Ryder have many fine products. Their foray into sealant may not have been seen as successful, however, I have encountered many disgruntled Stan's, Joes and Tyre Juice users as well- there is no "perfect" sealant. A lot depends on maintenance and the severity of the puncture. Just saying.

Ryder have many fine products. Their foray into sealant may not have been seen as successful, however, I have encountered many disgruntled Stan's, Joes and Tyre Juice users as well- there is no "perfect" sealant. A lot depends on maintenance and the severity of the puncture. Just saying.

Funny how I havnt used a single one of those.

Have any of you guys maybe used Caffelatex before? According to a cycling shop its the new best thing. It turns into foam while you ride and it contains no ammonia. I have always used Stans.

post-18122-0-64428500-1372360211_thumb.jpg

I've only used Stan's on ghetto conversion as well as my latest - legitamite ZTR Crest + rim tape + valves conversion and it has worked fine for me. Seals them thorn holes nicely.

The only time I ever experienced a problem on my MTB was when I rode on tar for probably 3km's to get to my offroad destination and the back tyre ate a peice of glass and spat all the Stan's on my bike/leg. Not even the thickest gator plug could repair it and the tyre had to be repaired from the inside.

Furthermore Stan's has never let me down

Have any of you guys maybe used Caffelatex before? According to a cycling shop its the new best thing. It turns into foam while you ride and it contains no ammonia. I have always used Stans.

I have used it before, was rubbish - couldn't seal mild holes and was a biatch to mount tyres, not sure if they have reformulated it since.

But all I can say is one word - STANS!!

But buy it in the 1L bottles becuase the little single wheel jobbies are crazy expensive.

Thanx Skylark. That's what I wanted to hear. How much stans do guys you put in your 29er wheels?

I used Caffelatex a few years back, as they were launching it. Worked fine, I'd put it on a par with Stans and it was much cheaper initially. Then they yanked the price up....byebye.

Batseal/Stans work fine for me.

I still want to find a source of cheap latex to make my own...I have a recipe.

This stuff is even worse than the Ryder sealant!!!!

Tried it once, and made like a rim tape "band", but stuck to the inside of the tyre, so NO sealant available to seal.

Check pics

For me, Stan's is OK, but the alien latex balls forms too quick.

There, Joe's trumps and lasts me longer, well here where I live and ride anyway.

Happy hoopin

post-19310-0-69603000-1372489108_thumb.jpg

post-19310-0-63162800-1372489112_thumb.jpg

post-19310-0-27421900-1372489113_thumb.jpg

post-19310-0-93367900-1372489113_thumb.jpg

This stuff is even worse than the Ryder sealant!!!!

Tried it once, and made like a rim tape "band", but stuck to the inside of the tyre, so NO sealant available to seal.

Check pics

For me, Stan's is OK, but the alien latex balls forms too quick.

There, Joe's trumps and lasts me longer, well here where I live and ride anyway.

Happy hoopin

Dead snake :o

Dead snake :o

Nope, the Cafe Latex sealant strip removed from the inside of the tyre.

No go!!!

Just my 2c here.

I had a tubeless conversion done with batseal. and maybe its because I dont know any better, but I think that stuff is awesome. During one of my typical (dangerous) moments of daydreaming while riding on the trails, I rode smack bang over a glass beer bottle, wasted some sealant, but worked like a bomb. wheels have lost of thorns etc , but no drop in tyre pressure. I'm happy

Nope, the Cafe Latex sealant strip removed from the inside of the tyre.

No go!!!

Your "assistant" does not look to impressed with holding that, judging by the pointed fingers. :D