Stupid Motorists

andrewbell

Why is it that motorists think that they own the road even when turning across on coming traffic even if it is a cyclist, that they could easily see?Angry

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always assume they don't see me, until I'm sure they have stopped and wait for me to cross the road.CVANC2008-01-31 13:31:27

I've lost count of the amount of times cars would pull up next to me, just to turn left... while I'm usually still next to the car. Blind?

I think we've all experienced inconsideration from motorists - as cyclists and as motorists.

As Spinnekop would say.........Pop Pop - Sit back and enjoy!!

I've lost count of the amount of times cars would pull up next to me' date=' just to turn left... while I'm usually still next to the car. Blind?

[/quote']It happened twice today!! South Africans drivers are all just ignorant towards cyclists......and it's getting worse!!

Umm, and don't forget the walkers and joggers.  That is how I was hit by an taxi, walking home.  I dread the day when a car is gonna hit me while jogging....

Yup. I thought that after 20 years I was immune. Then some A-Hole comes down the road with my name on the fender - 5 days in ICU and learning to walk again aint fun. That's why I don't ride anymore - try and be as safe as you can guys.

Hello Simon..............Not at the moment, but am contemplating getting a mountain bike. As you know - once the bug bites................

Ian...I never took you for one that would stop riding?!

Yeah,once the bug bites...its never out of the blood.

I'd like to ride MTB, but its just not possible.

Good luck...

I battled to walk again - then started riding as a pilot for a visually impaired rider-then got fired from the disabled track team for being too old. That's gotta hurt!!

Now Now -  Neil has served his time........................but I promise to return to track when he does so we can recreate the 1999 Vets points race - classic