Stellenbosch Stolen Bikes

dcfender

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the Scott has been recovered.

Great news, more info? Thiefs caught?

@dcfender any updates yet?

Can’t give any details now but might have caught a lucky break with the police and a syndicate operating in Cape Town. But i can give some more info if you bike gets stolen.

Stellenbosch is full of video camera's recording everything day and night these cameras are unfortunately mostly situated in centre of town, main traffic lights in and out of STB, see if there is not any camera's close by where your bike got stolen, so when you make the case with he police ensure that they get the video footage from the municipality and try and view with them (this is not always easy to do, but just insist)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I reside and work in Stellies. Last night my canopy was broken into with a steel object and they bent the lock rod. My MERIDA BIG NINE black,white and red was stolen out the bakkie on Andringa Street across from FNB. It is a 21" 29er so it is HUGE. Please if anyone sees it let me know. This is shocking!!!!!!!

Sjoe do want more info on these accused bike thieves.

I live very close to those you just listed, pretty sure they've spotted my bikes by now... Scared :P

Sjoe do want more info on these accused bike thieves.

I live very close to those you just listed, pretty sure they've spotted my bikes by now... Scared :P

Be careful, r0adrunner..

Stellies seem like a hot spot in its totality.

Be careful, r0adrunner..

Stellies seem like a hot spot in its totality.

and it's not just bikes.

They've broken into my flat before, in Borcherd street (connects with Andringa). Worst is they keep cutting the cables(or something like this) so the street lights are never on. Have reported it to Municipality and police but they're still off(for weeks now).

Last week they were on for 3 hours and gone again lol. They tried breaking into my flat 2 weeks ago, on the TOP level window, facing the street. Like I would never imagine anyone would try this, it's so open to the street, but with the lights off it seems pretty chilled. This street is a nightmare.

My friends are too scared to park in my street because of all the car break ins here...

They've broken into my flat before, in Borcherd street (connects with Andringa). Worst is they keep cutting the cables(or something like this) so the street lights are never on. Have reported it to Municipality and police but they're still off(for weeks now).

Last week they were on for 3 hours and gone again lol. They tried breaking into my flat 2 weeks ago, on the TOP level window, facing the street. Like I would never imagine anyone would try this, it's so open to the street, but with the lights off it seems pretty chilled. This street is a nightmare.

My friends are too scared to park in my street because of all the car break ins here...

That sucks Sean! Be careful dude!

I have a friend that does a lot of work in the township. I will ask him to keep an eye out for people riding "suspicious bikes" in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my white Anthem X1 stolen off my bike rack in Dorp street today at lunch time.

It was locked, they just cut the lock. PLanning on heading back to Stellenbosch tomorrow to put up some posters, any other chance of me finding it?

From Facebook

Received this from another cycling group (C4C)! I'm trying to find out who is the investigation detective.

Laat weet asb vir almal dat n friend van my onlangs van sy bergfiets beroof was naby Stellenbosch. Die polisie was gelukkig naby en het die rower vas getrek. Hy sit tans in die tronk en word Dinsdag verhoor. Die polisie het ook beslag gele op 15 ander fietse waarby die spesifieke rower betrokke was.

Nou sal die paaie bietjie meer veiliger wees vir ons fietsryers met sulke tipe mense agter tralies. Dankie aan die polisie wat so flink gereageer het.

Today they cut the straps off our thule bike rack and stole a woman's specific specialized carbon fibre while we were at the spar there by Idas Valley after our ride at about 12pm whilst place was busy. Obviously the car guard saw nothing. Luckily a family saw the oak and chased him down. Got the bike back. Apparently a red bakkie dropped him off and then picks him up further down. I took a drive down towards the BP and FOUND the red bakkie by BP in Merriman. When we approached, the guy in the back seat saw us and then hid behind the car trying to hide from us realising its us looking for him. When I got out he ran to the PnP centre across the road. I took a pic of the bakkie and the guy got upset. Car Reg CL36593 and it was a red old Ford bakkie like the Mazda drifter. When I went to the police station to get a police car so I could show them our tax paying money was all in Kyamandi.I will post a proper pic and post tomorrow. But if you see an old red bakkie be aware.

Yoh! WTF is happening in the 'Bosch? I worked there about 10 years ago and it was perfect; the cops were seriously on the ball. Things seem to have changed.

Yoh! WTF is happening in the 'Bosch? I worked there about 10 years ago and it was perfect; the cops were seriously on the ball. Things seem to have changed.

More accurately I think WTF IS HAPPENING SA