OK, I have 16K. What 29er hardtail?

Older

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Momsen AL529

The more I read about this South African brand, the more I think that they are the way to go when it comes to value for money. They also have Crest wheels which are far better/lighter than other brands OEM wheels.

@rouxtjie, with OOMS technical skills, that bike must then repair itself at nite :whistling:

Oom rolls with the bike, so the bike doesn't take the hit, oom does, Sean and myself have seen it with out own eyes.

Oom rolls with the bike, so the bike doesn't take the hit, oom does, Sean and myself have seen it with out own eyes.

TUCK AND ROLL

I would not buy a secondhand carbon bike. They tend to crack from the inside out - so you buy a carbon secondhand now, 3 months down the line you see a crack and wonder where it came from and it's likely that it's a problem that occured while the previous owner was in possession of the bike.

Fish around for the best specced bike you can possibly find and don't buy from the first bike shop you walk into, their prices vary and could vary a lot. Look for the cheapest.

I woul look at the Momsen AL529 - it's got tubless tyres which will save you R1400, it's got a great fork, does not weigh too much and is great value for money.

The Silverback Vida 1 is also great value for money, alooy frame and weighs around 11.3kg.

Maybe also look at the Merida Big Nine XT.

Your choice

Good luck

I would not buy a secondhand carbon bike. They tend to crack from the inside out - so you buy a carbon secondhand now, 3 months down the line you see a crack and wonder where it came from and it's likely that it's a problem that occured while the previous owner was in possession of the bike.

Fish around for the best specced bike you can possibly find and don't buy from the first bike shop you walk into, their prices vary and could vary a lot. Look for the cheapest.

I woul look at the Momsen AL529 - it's got tubless tyres which will save you R1400, it's got a great fork, does not weigh too much and is great value for money.

The Silverback Vida 1 is also great value for money, alooy frame and weighs around 11.3kg.

Maybe also look at the Merida Big Nine XT.

Your choice

Good luck

I DONT KNOW so much about the carbon statement, i am 100kg my carbon santa cruz has taken a couple of tumbles, my dikgat and she is still sweet(the carbon)

Does anyone know what the XTC 0 29er weights?

Not 100% sure what the bike weighs, but I have one and it is light, it is also an outstanding ride, well worth 16k. Think the recommended retail on this is 20K+

I am a medium :-(

ohhhh... and there is a nice xtc on gumtree unridden and R12K but that's a large. I was looking for a small / medium second hand 9er not that long ago and believe me, circus dwarfs (5'8") don't get much of a look in SA! ;)