Should I feel robbed?

Jigghead

Fair enough, many would try anything to get this sorted out, however, I offered copies of x-rays (there were 4 sets available - taken 1 week apart) and the orthopedic surgeon said he would provide me with a clinical justification, in writing, as to why he believed it would be detrimental to my injury if I participated. I'm also not even trying to get my money back, I just want to race a different event.

Ok you have a point to a certain extent.I had entry to TB carried over once

Trouble is once you open the door you set a precedent and everyone wants to do it as it gets close to the time

Much easier to just shut the door

I don't think they are being unfair not refunding or letting you do another race. You knew the rules when you entered and took the risk. They work on numbers for food, medals etc and lots of their costs are upfront.

It would be nice if they would do substitutions though so that if a competitior can't make it and finds someone else to go in their place, an exchange can be done at a small cost. Sani etc all allow that.

I don't think they are being unfair not refunding or letting you do another race. You knew the rules when you entered and took the risk. They work on numbers for food, medals etc and lots of their costs are upfront.

It would be nice if they would do substitutions though so that if a competitior can't make it and finds someone else to go in their place, an exchange can be done at a small cost. Sani etc all allow that.

We had teams that changed their partners 3 TIMES...drove us bananas

i think that's fking unreasonable and i'd also feel hard done by! If IM didn't hosted the races that they do, I'd sommer boycott them, but 70.3 and IM are two of the greatest events in SA, so its not easy to take that stance.

i think that's fking unreasonable and i'd also feel hard done by! If IM didn't hosted the races that they do, I'd sommer boycott them, but 70.3 and IM are two of the greatest events in SA, so its not easy to take that stance.

That's the problem right there

With respect, both times they've done this race the medals were the same. They are very generic and do not even carry the year on it. the only thing they may change every year is the color of the ribbon. as for food, they have sponsors who take unused stock back with them.

As I said in an earlier post, I forfeited my 70.3 entry due to the fact that personal obligations precluded me from participating and I did not feel entitled to any compensation for it, I don't recall how close to the race I knew I would need to withdraw, but it was around six weeks.

I am well aware of the costs associated with staging these events. Having participated in more than one, I can also vouch for the exceptional level of organisation and effort that goes into them. I am however over 10 weeks away from the event and I'm sure there are still some who will enter after today, I do not think I'm costing them anything by not being there or getting my money back.

For the record, if my doctor wasn't so insistent that I do not race, I'd still be making plans to get to Bela Bela in August!

Purchase your entry with a credit card and then claim from the insurance. Or am I talking rubbish?

Jigghead - you're right to feel that way, its just not going to cut any ice is all we're saying and, no, its not very fair from your POV.

We were trying to be accommodating and nice and all ....

It's not easy to organise even a small event, I think an admin fee would make the serial substitutors think twice before getting anyone to take someones place without thinking it through.

We were trying to be accommodating and nice and all ....

I am not arguing with you. I understand exactly what you are saying. We discussed it on the hubbers help a lady thread the other day. It's the people who want everything for free or the people that want a "favor" that are the worst people to deal with

It's not easy to organise even a small event, I think an admin fee would make the serial substitutors think twice before getting anyone to take someones place without thinking it through.

A heavy admin fee is whats needed

Like entries on the line ,substitutions etc.

The other popular request is to change the team name....now for me team names mean bugger all but obviously they do to some people...

What possesses some to change from some idiotic name like bonking turtles to another equally idiotic name like flying elephants.....

I think for a medical reason they should allow a refund, but only with medical proof. My problem with your statement above is that, are you not supposed to train till the race, of course there will be risks, we're not playing tiddly winks here.

I'll never understand why triathletes sing the praises of their race organisers whilst simultaneously getting shafted with no option of vaseline.

Withdrawal Policy 2013

• Until 24 April 2013 - 50% refund on entry fee
  • 25 April 2013 - 24 June 2013 - 25% refund on entry fee
  • 25 June 2013 and after - 0% refund on entry fee

Entries may not be sold, exchanged or transferred.

I would go with this except to say that transfers should be allowed as well.