Stellenbosch- Looking for loan bike and a ride guide

I FLY

Hello fellow Hubbers,

My daughter's boyfriend will be in your area for the next two weeks on holiday. He has just converted from a free style mx rider to mtbing a few months ago.

If anyone one has a spare medium/large mtb to loan him and has the time to ride with him , he is very keen to ride at Jonkershoek.

He has taken his cycling kit with him.

Send me a PM if you can assist.

Thank you.

Craig

Hello fellow Hubbers,

My daughter's boyfriend will be in your area for the next two weeks on holiday. He has just converted from a free style mx rider to mtbing a few months ago.

If anyone one has a spare medium/large mtb to loan him and has the time to ride with him , he is very keen to ride at Jonkershoek.

He has taken his cycling kit with him.

Send me a PM if you can assist.

Thank you.

Craig

There is a few places that rent out bikes in Stellenbosch. Dirtopia, Adventure shops and more. According to google the prices varies from R40 tot R100 per day.

Guest Latent Blue
Hello fellow Hubbers,

My daughter's boyfriend will be in your area.....

How does he know where is my area:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You want to give a MTB to a MX freerider? Think again about that one. Those guys are insane on those MX bikes. How is a mtb going to stand up to that type of punishment?

You want to give a MTB to a MX freerider? Think again about that one. Those guys are insane on those MX bikes. How is a mtb going to stand up to that type of punishment?

Jip. Exactly why I suggested the rental thing. :)

It's called an All mountain bike..... :-) no carbon, no tires under 2.35, and definitely not under 12kg.

Thanks for the info.

BTW - He weighs a mere 95kgs (mostly muscle). His technical skills are sublime.

The 1st bike I lent him was an aluminum frame one. Within 2weeks he was doing "small jumps" so I took it away and gave him my steel frame GT.

Thanks for the info.

BTW - He weighs a mere 95kgs (mostly muscle). His technical skills are sublime.

The 1st bike I lent him was an aluminum frame one. Within 2weeks he was doing "small jumps" so I took it away and gave him my steel frame GT.

I Fly, don't be a woos, rather give him your Lynskey!!

I lent him my Tallboy when they came to spend a weekend with us and the 1st thing he did was try a wheelie. He ended up on his back in the dirt as he touched the front brake instead of the back one.

I bought him his own geared 29er

Guest Latent Blue
I lent him my Tallboy when they came to spend a weekend with us and the 1st thing he did was try a wheelie. He ended up on his back in the dirt as he touched the front brake instead of the back one.

I bought him his own geared 29er

Lol... you want others to borrow jim their bikes but wont yourself... ;)

He fell really hard and has been well behaved since then.

He has been riding one of my bikes for almost a year