TriRock Durban

davem

They better get a move on with the road works on the m4 !!

they have been at it for almost 8mths now surfacing and resurfacing ..............

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They better get a move on with the road works on the m4 !!

they have been at it for almost 8mths now surfacing and resurfacing ..............

Ya, you know the promenade is sorted so the cycle will be hundreds - we just need a nice smooth surface for the run to Ballito and back.

Hahaha, I just got a mail from tri rock and it spoke of the 22nd September, nearly had a heart attack until I saw 2013 , email was not updated. I see a full iron man distance event will be held in Durban in may 2015 ...announced today

That would be great! Where was it announced?

That would be great! Where was it announced?

TriathlonplusSA magazine announced it this morning. Details sketchy but date will be in May 2015...full iron man distance.

Ya, you know the promenade is sorted so the cycle will be hundreds - we just need a nice smooth surface for the run to Ballito and back.

The run 21kms is on the promenade and cycle is on the m4

I just got an email from TriRock with specials available to me as a trirock entrant.

Great news.

On the other hand unfortunately the email states that these specials are only valid on orders placed before 24 Aug 2014. So those exclusive offers are exclusively for people capable of time travel. (and running 90km)

I just got an email from TriRock with specials available to me as a trirock entrant.

Great news.

On the other hand unfortunately the email states that these specials are only valid on orders placed before 24 Aug 2014. So those exclusive offers are exclusively for people capable of time travel. (and running 90km)

haha ....I have contacted ASG World to find out whether that is valid....will reply here when I hear...some good pricing to be had ,so hopefully it is 24 spetember not august

haha ....I have contacted ASG World to find out whether that is valid....will reply here when I hear...some good pricing to be had ,so hopefully it is 24 spetember not august

Confirmed that you can order items until closing date for Tri rock .... so long as you a confirmed entry u can order.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, i have a trirock durban entry available, won't be doing the event.. if you know of anyone who is keen, please give me a shout.. cost for entry was R1200, willing to let go for R800... good bargain for someone who wasn't keen on paying R1200.00 PM me please. confirmed with the organisers that they are happy to still do a substitution..

On another topic. Anyone know what the chances are that they will not allow us to wear wetsuits? I think they said if the water temp is over 22degrees they will not let us wear them. Is this likely?

On another topic. Anyone know what the chances are that they will not allow us to wear wetsuits? I think they said if the water temp is over 22degrees they will not let us wear them. Is this likely?

I think the limit is 23 degrees. Historical temperatures have been close to this around October so could be touch and go

they better get a move on with those road works !

Traveling on 1km stretch of gravel road in between Umdloti and La Mercy for almost 3 weeks now ! :cursing:

they better get a move on with those road works !

Traveling on 1km stretch of gravel road in between Umdloti and La Mercy for almost 3 weeks now ! :cursing:

Pack MTB in case?

They only use one carriageway of the M4. Last year was the outbound route. If this is finished then don't need to worry about  the other side. Anyone driven on the outbound route recently?

From Grant's interview on TriTalk SA, I was under the impression that it was completed.

Archived