Need help, which Maxxis tyre should I buy

rad006

Which Maxxis  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Maxxis Tyre 29Inch

• Ikon 2.2
    • Ardent 2.25

I don't think it matters what tyres you have - snakeskin, protection, bulletproof etc etc. If you ride like a muppit enough you will cut the sidewall or get a puncture. Does not mean the tyres are rubbish.

Conti, Schwalbe, Maxxis etc are all quality brands.

fixed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sneaky russian, thought I will give them another go after the back one dropped me at j2c....

PS don't tell sean, he will never ride with me again if he knew I bought some from cwc couple of weeks ago

If we're riding together and you get a porridge wheel, I will not speak any harm towards you or your tyre.

I will only ask how well your ride is going and can we pick up the pace a little :ph34r:

I don't think it matters what tyres you have - snakeskin, protection, bulletproof etc etc. If you ride enough you will cut the sidewall or get a puncture. Does not mean the tyres are rubbish.

Conti, Schwalbe, Maxxis etc are all quality brands.

I hear you oom, its not like it has a steal belt BUT, I am 2/2 with the ikons...their sidewalls are actually great, no issues there...they roll fast and they are poep light, when I did have issues it was with cuts in the tread, not punctures(plugs wont work, but bark did :w00t: ), once coming down breedts nek, the other time on day 7...

I am giving them another go though, maybe I had a bad tyre or just plain bad luck. If I do run into these tread cutting issues again...cheers big ears

Edited by rouxtjie

I hear you oom, its not like it has a steal belt BUT, I am 2/2 with the ikons...their sidewalls are actually great, no issues there...they roll fast and they are poep light, when I did have issues it was with cuts in the tread, not punctures(plugs wont work, but bark did :w00t: ), once coming down breedts nek, the other time on day 7...

I am giving them another go though, maybe I had a bad tyre or just plain bad luck. If I do run into these tread cutting issues again...cheers big ears

It is STEEL STEEL STEEL not ******* steal!!! :cursing: :cursing:

I've had crossmarks but not Ikons, will give them a go sometime.

When you get a porridge wheel I will scream "Dont lose the wheel" :clap:

When you get a porridge wheel I will scream "Dont lose the wheel" :clap:

Wanna throw that spare Ikon my way? I'll test it and post a full report.

Their their their...stopping bekaking yourself oom. You will like Ikons I suspect

Their their their...stopping bekaking yourself oom. You will like Ikons I suspect

Losing, loosing my marbles!!!

post-32242-0-73348400-1371636953.gif