Freedom trail route tour

Moriarty

In 2011 on the FC I recorded approx 2300m for both day 1 and 2. Much check what Google earth says. Either way it's a hell of a lot. Now spare a thought for the crazy race snakes who push to Ntsikeni in one go.. That I cant even comprehend.

My Garmin battery died just before the end.

JP's 2874 is correct.

post-12909-0-37459600-1387363763_thumb.png

Edited by Ryanpmb

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was this taken?

Thats me climbing out of Ntsikeni. Could've been the last big climb (maybe there was one more). This was through a stream then up a VERY steep rocky path to this point.

Thats me climbing out of Ntsikeni. Could've been the last big climb (maybe there was one more). This was through a stream then up a VERY steep rocky path to this point.

Agh, remember that section now.. Thanks, will warn my group accordingly. See I have an alternative mapped as well, will keep it in mind.

Agh, remember that section now.. Thanks, will warn my group accordingly. See I have an alternative mapped as well, will keep it in mind.

Correct - we opted for the technical routes where there was a choice... they seem to take you through the more interesting places.

Were starting in PMB on the 27th Dec. Massively excited.

Where did you portage? A cannot remember anything on the R2R section before Vuvu? Or did you cross the Umkumaas before Hella Hella bridge?

Are you guys leaving from the city hall? What time. We will try come and see you off.

How many days are you doing?

It is a very very dangerous thing you are doing.........from here there is no turning back, the bug will bite, it will crawl under your skin and then that obvious sense of adventure you and every one of us have will be awakened.

You wont ever be the same again.

Enjoy the trail and the freedom it brings you.

Now, that above is the truest word ever spoken. Since the first few hours, thru all the pain and the highs and lows, now it's over and I cannot think about anything else. Already planning the next 3 day tour to Rhodes, then it's race time come June! Will post some pics tomorrow. It was unlike any other thing i have ever done. If you feeling very brave and want to experience parts of our beautiful country untouched, do this thing.

What a ride.

this is something every mountain biker should do, at least once. Twice if you like it....

We we fortunate with very few mechanicals, and only one small crash, some of the times was extremely remote.

What a great bunch of mates I shared this with.

post-16965-0-48064900-1387457638_thumb.jpg

post-16965-0-34188900-1387457649_thumb.jpg

post-16965-0-79503900-1387457657_thumb.jpg

Man i just love these pictures & narration...

definately on my bucket list!!

post-5709-0-11728700-1387522622_thumb.jpg

this shop keeper must just love MTB'ers comming through!! looks like you guys cleaned him out!! :clap: :clap:

this shop keeper must just love MTB'ers comming through!! looks like you guys cleaned him out!! :clap: :clap:

these shops are like gold on the trails. So much of stuff to eat and drink, you almost go delirious, buying everything and then eating everything you can as fast as possible, even tho breakfast was 60 mins ago! then you tuck the rest away in the saddle bags and man, when you pull that stuff out later, in the middle of nowhere, its like a gold mine all over again!

A sad part of it, is seeing the people hanging around outside the shop, living on the breadline, and we buying all these treats, but some cash and treats were left for them, hopefully making a small difference in their lives...

We actually did buy all 8 packets of salt n vinegar chips that he had! :)

Are you guys leaving from the city hall? What time. We will try come and see you off.

How many days are you doing?

Leaving town hall on 6am on the 27th Dec. Going the distance to Rhodes.

All these pics of guys pushing bikes is worrying me a bit. We have some serious novice riders in the group, and I promised them the bare minimum of portages except into Vuvu and Lahana's pass.. Ah well, what doesn't kill them..