Freedom trail route tour

Moriarty

Dang!!....I have to suppress the bile taste of jealousy!!

Have an awesome ride...hope the weather play along (it'sa the ONE parameter that you cannot control...)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how far are you going?

We doing PMB to Allendale - 105kms

Allendale to Ntsikeni - 100kms

Ntsikeni to Glen Edward - 50kms

Total of about 6000m climbing, and the experts rekon between 10 and 14 hours per day... so its gonna be tough.

Weather has turned and is looking good,

We will let you all know how it goes and post some pics!

Dang!!....I have to suppress the bile taste of jealousy!!

Have an awesome ride...hope the weather play along (it'sa the ONE parameter that you cannot control...)

It's been raining locally (and on the parts of the trail that we are riding) for approx two weeks! Weather turned for the better yesterday so holding thumbs... :thumbup:

Trail ready...

post-12909-0-27670300-1386914640_thumb.jpg

Leaving tomorrow morning.

vehicle backup support or on your eis?

i'm guessing you have camelbak on your back, because that ain't enough water!

vehicle backup support or on your eis?

i'm guessing you have camelbak on your back, because that ain't enough water!

No support - besides the overnight stops and water points as per the trail.

Water stops every 30km or so (day two gets a little sparse)... backpack houses a bladder though.

If you pay attention to the picture, there's an additional bottle on the table too...

Edited by Ryanpmb

Water stops every 30km or so (day two gets a little sparse)... backpack houses a bladder though.

If you pay attention to the picture, there's an additional bottle on the table too...

It is a very very dangerous thing you are doing.........from here there is no turning back, the bug will bite, it will crawl under your skin and then that obvious sense of adventure you and every one of us have will be awakened.

You wont ever be the same again.

Enjoy the trail and the freedom it brings you.

Enjoy it Ryan...would have loved to be there for this trip! I'm sore you mentioned on another thread you were going SS though....looks like sanity prevailed ....The Cotic is looking good and probably a better option for this trip! Looking forward to pics and ride report.

Enjoy it Ryan...would have loved to be there for this trip! I'm sore you mentioned on another thread you were going SS though....looks like sanity prevailed ....The Cotic is looking good and probably a better option for this trip! Looking forward to pics and ride report.

I was very keen to SS but a few factors made the decision for me - weather, most of the group riding gears, ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THE ROUTE PROFILE etc.

We're heading back early next year with SS riders only.

Edited by Ryanpmb

I was very keen to SS but a few factors made the decision for me - weather, most of the group riding gears, ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THE ROUTE PROFILE etc.

We're heading back early next year with SS riders only.

...and maybe a Pyga!

It is a very very dangerous thing you are doing.........from here there is no turning back, the bug will bite, it will crawl under your skin and then that obvious sense of adventure you and every one of us have will be awakened.

thanks Tubed, and for the info and details you gave during the rasa in 2013, thats what go this whole plan started for us...

cheers, Percy

Thanks!

As Percyzn said - your commentary on this years RASA got us going :thumbup: .