ZTR Olympic to ZTR Flow rebuild

TheDoc

Can any of you, who are in the know, tell me whether I would be able to use the same spokes and nipples if I want to exchange my ZTR Olympic rims with Ztr Flow rims?

I currently have Hope Pro 2 Hubs and DT Swiss Spokes.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone the guys at yellow saddle they will tell you right away 011 022 6509 or 082 308 6847

Thats a very good question. Im considering swapping from Arch rims to flows, it would be much cheaper if I could use the same spokes, i think new nipples might be a good idea though.

I'm sure JB can enlighten us.

-edit- Im a bit slow on the keyboard :)

Edited by goose1111

You will probably need to get a new set of nipples. Get some brass ones, FAR better than alu

If you get brass ones and you currently have alu nipples then you would need new spokes as the threads are cut differently.

If you get brass ones and you currently have alu nipples then you would need new spokes as the threads are cut differently.

Thanks Hairy.

Trying to save costs, don't mind getting new nipples, but spokes are not in the budget.

Spelling:-(

Edited by TheDoc

Nice app....just not sure regarding the lacing pattern question though.

But, thanks for this info helps a lot.

Notice, from the calculation result, that the spokes would need to be about 1mm longer

Could new nipples cater for the 1mm deficit?

Thats a very good question. Im considering swapping from Arch rims to flows, it would be much cheaper if I could use the same spokes, i think new nipples might be a good idea though.

I'm sure JB can enlighten us.

-edit- Im a bit slow on the keyboard :)

After further research and input from various local cycle shops, it seems as if I'll need to replace nipples only. Not sure about Arch to Flow as the erd difference between them is 5mm, whereas Olympic to Flow is only 1mm. Was hoping to use the same nipples and maybe shortening the spokes(First Prize, cost wise).

Cool, I hope it works out for you.

I will only do the swap if I can use the same spokes, if not it will have to wait a while.

No.