Company needed on 200km ride 29 June

hopefield

Hi all, I usually ride alone, but maybe some company would be nice this time around. I am planning a 220km ride on Saturday in preparation of LEL, leaving from Stellenbosch at 05:00. The route will be this loop clockwise:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Stellenbosch,+Suid-Afrika&daddr=Voortrekker+Rd+to:R46+to:R46+to:Main+Rd+to:R43+to:Champagne+St+to:Adam+Tas%2FR44&hl=af&sll=-33.61805,19.026947&sspn=0.874858,1.234589&geocode=FdFf-v0dQ9wfASml4ohR97LNHTHia-PeAKoJcA%3BFa9VAf4d_cYdAQ%3BFRbCAf4d9lohAQ%3BFRHaA_4d-MIiAQ%3BFZxrAv4dEFEkAQ%3BFaWZAP4dc9EkAQ%3BFc2a_v0dTcAhAQ%3BFZJo-v0di8IfAQ&oq=ste&mra=mi&mrsp=7&sz=10&t=m&z=10

The aim will be a long comfortable ride rather than speed training, I am thinking of being done at 16h00, including one or two stops. So who is keen for a day out on the bike?!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, if I didn't have to go to a family braai, I'd be joining you. we have just done a 300 in Sweden, and it was incredible.

damn, if I didn't have to go to a family braai, I'd be joining you. we have just done a 300 in Sweden, and it was incredible.

I have read about your Swedish adventure, sounded great!

Hey Hopefield, you've got 46 posts so you should know that there's a lot of talking goes on in this forum and a lot less cycling - so good luck in your search.

Me?

I was hopeful, but

a) have got mtb anti-crash course Saturday

B) am in Jo'burg

Otherwise it would have been nice.

Hey Hopefield, you've got 46 posts so you should know that there's a lot of talking goes on in this forum and a lot less cycling - so good luck in your search.

Me?

I was hopeful, but

a) have got mtb anti-crash course Saturday

B) am in Jo'burg

Otherwise it would have been nice.

And there I was hoping it was the other way around...

Have posted in Durbanville thread... no response, so BUMP

It's winter ... just getting on the bike is an achievement for some.

200km may be a bridge too far. LOL

Edited by Thomo

Dont s

It's winter ... just getting on the bike is an achievement for some.

200km may be a bridge too far. LOL

Dont see it as training, see it as a nice day out on the bike, having coffee stops etc along the way. The weather tomorrow is going to be splendid!

Really sounds tempting but not sure how I'll manage on a full sus MTB fitted with 2.25 knobblies :unsure:

It depends, are you a dirt roadie?

If by dirt roadie you mean XC rider then yes:)

The pace will be around 20-25 km/h. With some proper food stops in between. And there is not too much climbing, only bainskloof at the end. (Just dont put slicks on your mtb, dont think I will be able to stand the sight of that for 10 hours)