Learning how to jump and freeride Cape Town

dimsum

What kind of bike to you ride? What kind of jumps are you wanting to try? If you have a hardtail yhen the jumps and pumptrack in Sun Valley are perfect to ride. All the jumps are rollable but still big enough for a mtb to have fun on. And not as simple to get all 6 perfect on the main line as you would think.

post-16947-0-67297100-1372681470_thumb.jpg

I've got an Intense 5.5

Recon fork 120mm. (Looking to upgrade to a revelation or sektor)

Crappy 8 gear sram

I'd like to try some small jumps for now.. maybe some table tops just to learn how to do it.

Edited by dimsum

Nah, I'm lazy, I like taking the bus to town and then cycling up table mountain.. plus all those uphills are killer going up the mountain so i need to save my energy. You ride table mountain a lot? I'm looking for more riding buddies going up there on the weekends starting from deer park.

we usually ride Wednesday morning before work, on the weekends I will try for other areas.

I saw there is a wednesday morning ride but then I have to go to work after haha but perhaps I shall try. I joined the night ride last week and got left in the dark. Legs are not fit for going uphill

I saw there is a wednesday morning ride but then I have to go to work after haha but perhaps I shall try. I joined the night ride last week and got left in the dark. Legs are not fit for going uphill

Hi, I also stay in Milnerton and my jump bike is quite dusty at the moment. Let me know if you want to have a go at some small jumps on the weekend. We can make a mission.

Skills park heading for Tokai soon but until then, many existing jumps will be built into tables for learning. You still keen?

Hi, I also stay in Milnerton and my jump bike is quite dusty at the moment. Let me know if you want to have a go at some small jumps on the weekend. We can make a mission.

I'm seriously keen. Will have to wait couple weeks before my car is ready though.. it's at the mechanic.

Skills park heading for Tokai soon but until then, many existing jumps will be built into tables for learning. You still keen?

I love Tokai. We should go through one weekend. Most likely end of the month

NR, how was Dan's skills course on Sunday at Tokai? Recommended?

It was good. Although I know all the theory, and hopefully get it right some of the time, it was nice having someone give immediate and specific feedback on what could be done better.

Also on my normal rides it is very rare that I re-ride a section repeatedly until I get it perfect, whereas we did that several times yesterday to nail things down, which is actually really useful and something I should do more of.

It was good. Although I know all the theory, and hopefully get it right some of the time, it was nice having someone give immediate and specific feedback on what could be done better.

Also on my normal rides it is very rare that I re-ride a section repeatedly until I get it perfect, whereas we did that several times yesterday to nail things down, which is actually really useful and something I should do more of.

Most important part of technical DH/Enduro riding. I re-ride some sections for days on end, until I dream of it at night, haha

Most important part of technical DH/Enduro riding. I re-ride some sections for days on end, until I dream of it at night, haha

We had a session last year where we did just that - is a massive confidence builder to raise the skills. Thing is for Enduro, unless you know teh trails, you are riding them for the first time in a race and you then have to use those skills on unknown terrain....