Sweet craving

I am not going to flame you - just tell you that you are misinformed.... but there are more carbs in peanuts than protein..... a little known fact.... :)

Per 100g - 22g Fat, 21g Carbohydrate, 14g Protein......

Ok noted..... but please read below ...... and yes ...... I agree everything should be done in moderation. But sometimes a silly thing helps and although not the ideal, but definitly better that a slab of chocolate. :) As with that comes the blood sugar spike etc etc

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/blppp.htm

PB Controls Hunger

Research has shown that snacking on peanut butter is an effective way to control hunger without weight gain. How? Because peanut butter is tops for giving us a feeling of satiety (fullness

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok noted..... but please read below ...... and yes ...... I agree everything should be done in moderation. But sometimes a silly thing helps and although not the ideal, but definitly better that a slab of chocolate. :) As with that comes the blood sugar spike etc etc

http://weightloss.ab...art/a/blppp.htm

PB Controls Hunger

Research has shown that snacking on peanut butter is an effective way to control hunger without weight gain. How? Because peanut butter is tops for giving us a feeling of satiety (fullness

What about Peanut brittle... :)

What about Peanut brittle... :)

:D :D

I think you know the answer. But it should be low GI

http://weightloss.ab...art/a/blppp.htm

PB Controls Hunger

You can probably achieve the same thing with water..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2743119/

Low GI 'Sucrose'..? :eek:

Biochem 101c (for commerce students) ... Sucrose is made up of 2 glucose molecules - GI is effectively that of pure glucose... so NO, it's NOT low GI.

And while on the GI topic, wheat is in the same GI range as sugar (sucrose)!! So don't think that you are doing yourself any favours with "whole wheat" bread, crackers or provitas etc.

Biochem 101c (for commerce students) ... Sucrose is made up of 2 glucose molecules - GI is effectively that of pure glucose... so NO, it's NOT low GI.

Correction, it is half glucose half fructose.

edit: sp

Edited by Helpmytrap

Ha ha touche. Correct you are. :D

But please note that PBtastes better than water.

Sometimes.... but pb&j sandwiches make good food to race on... go on - go and do some food group calculations.... see how close it is to some of the most expensive supplements... :)

And while on the GI topic, wheat is in the same GI range as sugar (sucrose)!! So don't think that you are doing yourself any favours with "whole wheat" bread, crackers or provitas etc.

Correction, it is half glucose half fructose.

You are correct... had to look at my biochem book :) Modern Concepts in Biochemisty - 4th Edition... (it's a bit old, and a long time since I looked at it)

2-O-a-D-glucopyranosyl-b-D-fructofuranoside (just swap a and b for Alpha and Beta symbols...) Page 210....

Edited by V12man

If you you'd like to know the different sugars. :)

Simple carbohydrate (sugar) refers to mono- and disaccharides;

Complex carbohydrate refers to polysaccharides such as veggies.

Sucrose (glucose+fructose), found in sugar cane, sugar beets, honey, and corn syrup;

Lactose (glucose+galactose), found in milk products;

Maltose (glucose+glucose), from malt.

The most common naturally occurring monosaccharide is fructose (found in fruits and vegetables).

Dextrose is used to refer to glucose.

Added sugar refers to sucrose or other refined sugars.

If you you'd like to know the different sugars. :)

Simple carbohydrate (sugar) refers to mono- and disaccharides;

Complex carbohydrate refers to polysaccharides such as veggies.

Sucrose (glucose+fructose), found in sugar cane, sugar beets, honey, and corn syrup;

Lactose (glucose+galactose), found in milk products;

Maltose (glucose+glucose), from malt.

The most common naturally occurring monosaccharide is fructose (found in fruits and vegetables).

Dextrose is used to refer to glucose.

Added sugar refers to sucrose or other refined sugars.

You should list them from bad to worse . Is some of them good?

You can't live without glucose.... yet - like water - too much will kill you...

OK - too little water will also kill you... :)

I don't think it would be really possible to order them from good to bad without resorting to opinion at some stage... and the list of polysaccharides is REALLY long...

Don't ask such hard questions! :ph34r:

A small amount of fructose, such as the amount found in most vegetables and fruits, is not a bad thing but fructose bypasses the appetite signaling system, so appetite-regulating hormones aren't triggered... Some studies show that it *could* also lead to insulin resistance.

That is just fructose and you could do the same with all others but the best way to label sugars is as "potentially bad."

So be sure to limit added sugars in the diet which includes those in cool drink and cereal but don't be worried about veggies and fruit.

Edited by Helpmytrap