Help with finding a new mtb under R 6000

ShawnJ

Have you looked at http://www.tourdefrans.co.za/ they are in your neck of the woods? They have a few deals on at the moment - in particualr - Cannondale MTB SL4 Was R9000 Now R6500, Also includes accessories to the value of R500?

Edited by ValeYellow

Have you looked at http://www.tourdefrans.co.za/ they are in your neck of the woods? They have a few deals on at the moment - in particualr - Cannondale MTB SL4 Was R9000 Now R6500, Also includes accessories to the value of R500?

Thanks, will definitly go have a look

Check out The Bike Basement as well, they having new opening specials til end July (Picture Ad on their Facebook page) at their new store Cnr Witkoppen & Rivonia (same shopping centre as Movida), they were previously the SportsBasement.

They normally stock all last years stuff but you get full warranty etc with purchases on bikes.

Think you'll pickup a Jamis there quite cheap.

You'll easily get the Vida 4, Titan sport or Momsen AL129 for R6k somewhere. You just have to look around and phone around.

I sold my merida matts tfs 900 about a month ago which was in a spotless condition, basically like new, for R6k. It was a 26" but had some kickass components on and was tubeless.

Look at www.cyclefactory.co.za

Their prices are quite high. Seen those bikes in shops for cheaper.

Check out The Bike Basement as well, they having new opening specials til end July (Picture Ad on their Facebook page) at their new store Cnr Witkoppen & Rivonia (same shopping centre as Movida), they were previously the SportsBasement.

They normally stock all last years stuff but you get full warranty etc with purchases on bikes.

Think you'll pickup a Jamis there quite cheap.

How good is the Jamis Dakar XC sport 26" ?

I havent, do they have a website ?

Yes but they don't advertise on it, shop around but check them out before you commit.

How good is the Jamis Dakar XC sport 26" ?

What i normally do is google review "bike name/parts here"

See what others have said world wide. The Jamis brand has been around for years, check SportsBasements website for the Jamis history.

What i normally do is google review "bike name/parts here"

See what others have said world wide. The Jamis brand has been around for years, check SportsBasements website for the Jamis history.

Did this and some not so good reviews, but it looks like the bike gets revised every year, and the suspension has been changed over the years..

ShawnJ,

Give me a call at Finish Line (011 391-6912) and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers, Ian

Guest Latent Blue
Im new to the mtb scene. I did do road riding about 10 years ago. Looking at starting mountain biking for fitness as I ride and race offroad bikes.

I have looked around at a couple shops and also read quite a few posts here. I have decided i want a new bike, 29er with hydraulic brakes.

Only bikes I have found is a Mongoose Metore Sport 2013 for R5800 which I really like. Also found Titan Sport and Silverback Vida but when I contacted the shop they didnt have my size.

Apparantly I need a Medium 29er.

Im on the East Rand so only dealers around Jhb will do.

Can anyone help me with a shop that has what i want.

Momsen AL 129?

We do Momsen too. Ordered an Al 129 for a client today.

Edited by Trackie