MTN insurance

Jeepdude

After 12 years on mtn i finally dedcided.. right i'll get cell insurance for the iphone. boom it gets stolen. what a freaking mission to actually make a claim.

have any of you done this before? how long does it take? it has been a week and mtnsp are still 'getting' back to me so i can start the claim process.

They must have 99% staff working on marketing and credit collection and 1% on customer service

in future just include the phone in your household insurance under specified item. you will definitely save a lot of money on premium and time after lodging a claim. talking from experience

Edited by Marulaneng

I never insured my cell phones, wife got a Galaxy S3 last June and I decided to insure it, however, I forgot about my own BB. Well were are with Outsurance and last week Tuesday the Galaxy falls, screen completely shattered. We're on holiday, put the claim in immediately, new phone got delivered on Thursday @ campsite. Thursday afternoon @14h00 I looses my BB!!! I almost shat my pants, luckily after hours of deep praying 3 teens, "coloured guys", came looking for the owner and @ 18h00 I was reunited with my BB, then I immediately had it put on the insurance. I don't trust to be insured with cell providers.

in future just include the phone in your household insurance under specified item. you will definitely save a lot of money on premium and time after lodging a claim. talking from experience

MTN insurance was actually the cheapest I could get on the iphone...

After 12 years on mtn i finally dedcided.. right i'll get cell insurance for the iphone. boom it gets stolen. what a freaking mission to actually make a claim.

have any of you done this before? how long does it take? it has been a week and mtnsp are still 'getting' back to me so i can start the claim process.

They must have 99% staff working on marketing and credit collection and 1% on customer service

hello peter & short term insurance ombud :thumbup:

makes most insurance companies move their watsems

hello peter & short term insurance ombud :thumbup:

makes most insurance companies move their watsems

that is my next port of call. i sort of got the message there were forms to complete. but you HAVE to wait for mtn to GIVE you the forms , i eventually googled it filled it in sent it.. now waiting

I damaged my phone (dropped it) - repairs cost R1800, insurance paid me out R4500. Total time was 3 days from claim to money in my account. I have an excellent broker - PM me if you are interested. It was through M&F