Brytonbridge

Ysterkas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres update out which might help.

Do you upload from device. What ive noticed is if you save to pc first it works better.

i can get the track into brytonsport...but cant export the tcx files to use with strava..have to use gpx which then doesnt give you any heart rate readings...why doesnt this stuff work like its supposed to?

i can get the track into brytonsport...but cant export the tcx files to use with strava..have to use gpx which then doesnt give you any heart rate readings...why doesnt this stuff work like its supposed to?

Hi Mike, I had the same issues, upgraded my browser (actually went from IE to Firefox) as per their instructions and also the brytonbridge2 newest version...since then the issues are sorted. However, it was a pain in the arse till then.

This morning I uploaded data to pc folder in .tcx and then to strava and bryton, no problems. try that?

Bryton said on there website they and strava were having issues and you couldnt upload .... new software updates are not supported by my current operation systems (Snow Leopard) but my computer is maxed out and I can upgrade the software rending bryton useless

stupid question, maybe I am over simplifying it.....

Can't you just plug the device into you laptop, navigate through the device to the activity files and then upload manually into strava? This is how I have always been doing it.

all my software is up to date..use chrome. for some strange reason over the weekend brytonsport wouldnt export the tcx file. on monday morning at work no problem...eish.

Rouxtjie i wish bryton would upload straight into strava..JC tells me on Sun that he connects his 500, opens strava and boom..its there..grrrrrr

Edited by Mike Bike

all my software is up to date..use chrome. for some strange reason over the weekend brytonsport wouldnt export the tcx file. on monday morning at work no problem...eish.

Rouxtjie i wish bryton would upload straight into strava..JC tells me on Sun that he connects his 500, opens strava and boom..its there..grrrrrr

But I thought they did that long ago already, for that to work two things must happen:

1. They must move away from their own file format and allow the data to be saved in generic type format. Its you data, created by you, don't see why they insist on this
  2. They must allow you to navigate around in the device once connected to a computer. The edge 500 acts no different to an usb stick....you open the device "drive" navigate to the activities folder and copy / paste or point straight to it via the internet browser.

Is the above two points not possible? Why is this soooo difficult to get right, and like I said before, I thought they have seen the light ito this. Until they allow this, I will not even consider taking one as a gift....life is too short for these frustrations.

But I thought they did that long ago already, for that to work two things must happen:

1. They must move away from their own file format and allow the data to be saved in generic type format. Its you data, created by you, don't see why they insist on this

2. They must allow you to navigate around in the device once connected to a computer. The edge 500 acts no different to an usb stick....you open the device "drive" navigate to the activities folder and copy / paste or point straight to it via the internet browser.

Is the above two points not possible? Why is this soooo difficult to get right, and like I said before, I thought they have seen the light ito this. Until they allow this, I will not even consider taking one as a gift....life is too short for these frustrations.

The devide is not recognised my the computer, you have to use brytonbridge to create a 'virtual driver' of sort so the computer can 'see/read' the device. I use a mac which is a few years old and now cannot update bryton bridge . If it read as a USB it would be great - for example I cant download the tracks or upload them for another computer that doesnt have bryton bridge.

Oh and Mike, how do you get you data into Sporttracks...can it be done?

you just export the tcx file and import into SportTracks...

The Bryton file system isn't readable from explorer, so you have to use the BrytonBridge software to save the tracks to your pc.

I haven't had any issues with exporting the tcx file and uploading it to Strava. The direct link is broken on BrytonSport's site, but that's coz of changes Strava has made.

The way the Garmin agent works makes it alot easier to upload to various sites, probably because it's been around a lot longer.

Oh and Mike, how do you get you data into Sporttracks...can it be done?

dunno bud..dont use it. I use fit track with my momentum MA and that aint working either from brytonsport

you just export the tcx file and import into SportTracks...

The Bryton file system isn't readable from explorer, so you have to use the BrytonBridge software to save the tracks to your pc.

I haven't had any issues with exporting the tcx file and uploading it to Strava. The direct link is broken on BrytonSport's site, but that's coz of changes Strava has made.

The way the Garmin agent works makes it alot easier to upload to various sites, probably because it's been around a lot longer.

Ja but you need connectivity to be able to do that and also its an extra step and just adds admin....and also when there are compatibility issues like Mike is experiencing, the thing is worthless. Ag nee man.

The reason it works well with garmin devices is that Garmin doesn't lock you into a their file format. Its a generic file type that strava and sporttracks can read, and they also allow you to...wait for it...navigate through YOUR device and YOUR data. They are sleek, good looking devices with awesome battery life, but they are dropping the ball wrt this....so much so that it puts people off buying one....well me anyway

Edited by rouxtjie

dunno bud..dont use it. I use fit track with my momentum MA and that aint working either from brytonsport

oh wait this morning its working ha ha..dit maak me moer..now if only the upload would create reward points like they supposed to

Ja but you need connectivity to be able to do that and also its an extra step and just adds admin....and also when there are compatibility issues like Mike is experiencing, the thing is worthless. Ag nee man.

The reason it works well with garmin devices is that Garmin doesn't lock you into a their file format. Its a generic file type that strava and sporttracks can read, and they also allow you to...wait for it...navigate through YOUR device and YOUR data. They are sleek, good looking devices with awesome battery life, but they are dropping the ball wrt this....so much so that it puts people off buying one....well me anyway

don't need connectivity anymore, with the BrytonBridge software you can save your tracks, so you don't need to upload and then download. took them a while but at least they sorted that part out.

do definitely agree, would be nice to just copy the files off the device... but alas...

My device has started giving me grief, a while ago it would hang half way through a ride. that was sorted after a complete reset. last night on the rollers, did a good session of 45mins at 41km/h avg, stop at the end, look in history and it failed to save the session *mutter!!!*

pity the Edge 500 is sooo expensive and doesn't fit into my budget at the moment.

They are sleek, good looking devices with awesome battery life, but they are dropping the ball wrt this....so much so that it puts people off buying one....well me anyway

i am tired of there always being a problem with the bloody thing...i want a garmin..no more ***