Frame Weights

Jono Waddell

Thanks.

To be honest, I'm not overly concerned about the weight. I'm about 60kgs so it bothers me far less than some other guys. I just don't want to waste money on a frame that heavy by comparison.

Lot of things to consider including age and price. If it comes without components and wheels you can spec those lighter, especially wheels and you should dip under 8kg. How long do you want to keep it and is it worth upgradig such an older frame with high spec parts.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of things to consider including age and price. If it comes without components and wheels you can spec those lighter, especially wheels and you should dip under 8kg. How long do you want to keep it and is it worth upgradig such an older frame with high spec parts.

These are the factors that i am considering. I would be building it up from my RC3000 carbon which would be 105 and Easton EA50 training wheels and Zipp404 race wheels.

What im really trying to determine is if its an upgrade or a sideways movement.

These are the factors that i am considering. I would be building it up from my RC3000 carbon which would be 105 and Easton EA50 training wheels and Zipp404 race wheels.

Sideways.

Cool. Just give me a minute or 63. Will need to break it down in HT / dual and maybe 26 / 29 as well. Let's get cracking...

What about 650b?

The one and only time I did it I cracked a sub 3 no sweat on a 7.3kg Felt. I managed a 2h74min! Boom! :ph34r:

How's that a sub 3???

Definately sideways. Not a big jump in performance but a lekker big leap in risk of problems.

have you bought the frame already? If not why not consider a chinese carbon frame like these www.pedalforce.com?

all the performance without the frills

Also, don't let weight be the determining factor. A very light weight frame will likely have a harsher ride than a slightly heavier one. If bragging rights to the lightest build is important then the Scott road frames are amongst the lightest

Edited by GoLefty!!