2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

Both your favs gone Dale!

At least Scatpo came third.

Horner put the hurt on Nibs but not strong enough to trouble the shark.

Yeah.

It's been a strange Vuelta.

I think there might be more surprises ...

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarpo showing his usual climbing ability and looking for a stage win, today maybe.? I think thats about as good as it will get for him now, maybe a top 10.

Nibali looks perfectly in control to me, I cant see them shelling him, I hope Valverde can at least pull up into second, but a win now looks fairly remote in my opinion.

Watching this tour, I can't help but think that Froomie would destroy Nibali in a head to head (even if Tour de France fatigue were taken into account).

Cameron Wurf rolling with a fractured rib.

He was in pain since km 1 because of the cold during yesterday's queen stage and couldn't really stay in the bunch.

Kept his work rate to 350 watts or so in order to not fall too far behind.

These PROs are courageous!

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/KEI54046.jpg

Yeah.

It's been a strange Vuelta.

I think there might be more surprises ...

We have struggled to get excited about this tour after the Giro and TDF. The attacks look half hearted and Nibali so calm and dominant.

We have struggled to get excited about this tour after the Giro and TDF. The attacks look half hearted and Nibali so calm and dominant.

I was thinking the exact same thing actually. Even the podium ceremony looks a bit half hearted.

Nibs lost 30 secs to Horner.

Ahead by about 20 or so.

Hmmm...

Good stage..Valverde,Horner and Rodriguez putting time into Nibs.Think this race is far from over.

Hoping for Rodriguez to blow them al away on the big stages ahead....he really deserves a Grand tour win and he looks like he is getting stronger.

I was thinking the exact same thing actually. Even the podium ceremony looks a bit half hearted.

I reckon that 100th TdF was so spectacular and hyped.

Deservedly so.

Anything else after would pale in comparison.

I reckon that 100th TdF was so spectacular and hyped.

Deservedly so.

Anything else after would pale in comparison.

Good point hey. And the fact that three of the best current cyclists in Froome, Quintana and Contador are missing from the Vuelta also takes a little away from the achievement of winning it.

However, as mentioned by the last few posts, yesterdays split among the leaders has made the final week all the more exciting. I'd love Horner to win just to shake up the history books.

Good point hey. And the fact that three of the best current cyclists in Froome, Quintana and Contador are missing from the Vuelta also takes a little away from the achievement of winning it.

However, as mentioned by the last few posts, yesterdays split among the leaders has made the final week all the more exciting. I'd love Horner to win just to shake up the history books.

I want to see J Rod or Nibs with the red jersey in Milan.

Don't get on with Horner. He can get 3.

Valverde... really hope he gets to the top 3.

Gonna be a good fight after today's rest day.

Nibs will be relieved about the rest day as he obviously felt tired.

He mentioned in the media that the pressure of keeping red for so long is getting to him.

He mentioned in the media that the pressure of keeping red for so long is getting to him.

Yeah, maybe it was a mistake getting it so early. Rodriguez will have to wiggle if he hopes to make up that time, not much racing left.

I am sure Valverde will keep a podium spot, my concern is Horner, I dont know if the others are just giving him room as they dont really think he can win, or if he is just better than them, even Valverde looked like he was struggling to hold onto him yesterday, I dunno, it would certainly go against all the books if he did win.

Yeah, maybe it was a mistake getting it so early. Rodriguez will have to wiggle if he hopes to make up that time, not much racing left.

I am sure Valverde will keep a podium spot, my concern is Horner, I dont know if the others are just giving him room as they dont really think he can win, or if he is just better than them, even Valverde looked like he was struggling to hold onto him yesterday, I dunno, it would certainly go against all the books if he did win.

Yeah,would have never put money on Horner for the win...not even 10 bucks...hehe,but he is looking very good on the climbs and the biggest on of them all is still to come.

Hoping big time for a J Rod or Valverde win so lets see if they can take the fight to Nibs and Horner.

Fair enough... Although truthfully I did support Nibs in the '12 TDF and this years Giro (mainly because he was up against a certain whiny Pom), I would like someone different to take this Grand Tour. I'm quite the fan of Rodriguez and Valverde, so the two of them or grand pa would be good for the sport in my eyes :)