2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, maybe it was a mistake getting it so early. Rodriguez will have to wiggle if he hopes to make up that time, not much racing left.

I am sure Valverde will keep a podium spot, my concern is Horner, I dont know if the others are just giving him room as they dont really think he can win, or if he is just better than them, even Valverde looked like he was struggling to hold onto him yesterday, I dunno, it would certainly go against all the books if he did win.

Pick a rider, any rider, someone else will win ;)

Angrilu will separate the (very old) men from the boys!

Go Warren Burguil!

I still can't believe the guy is Cancellara's height and yet weighs 20kg less.

How do you climb against a guy that weighs 60kg???

Yeah,would have never put money on Horner for the win...not even 10 bucks...hehe,but he is looking very good on the climbs and the biggest on of them all is still to come.

Hoping big time for a J Rod or Valverde win so lets see if they can take the fight to Nibs and Horner.

Personally I think Horner is proof that cycling is still ******.

Winner to come from Niabli, Purito or Valverde although secretly I'm hoping to see Pinot on the podium.

Very similar to Froome....tall but skinny like hell!Good to see riders like that starting to win the big climbs and not some 75kg muscle monster.

Personally I think Horner is proof that cycling is still ******.

Winner to come from Niabli, Purito or Valverde although secretly I'm hoping to see Pinot on the podium.

Yeah he is a natural climber but should have lost some threshold power over the years...not sure if it is normal for him to match a Rodriguez on power to weight ratio.Both similar build so that would mean he has the same or bigger ratio but at hes age I don't know.

You have to kill him on the ITT!

He is still 3 kg heavier than Possovivo...

:lol: - Have ya seen the size of Possivivo - two bricks and a tickey high is all.

I was very impressed with Warren Barguil, two stages in a grand tour is not to be sneezed at, seems he has a great sporting future ahead of him.

Exactly... I think the ITT is the one reason Quintana may never win a grand tour.

As for Horner, I hate to say it, but is something not perhaps a little fishy with his brilliant performances?

:lol: - Have ya seen the size of Possivivo - two bricks and a tickey high is all.

I was very impressed with Warren Barguil, two stages in a grand tour is not to be sneezed at, seems he has a great sporting future ahead of him.

Agree with you grumpy re Barguil. Was very impressed with the way he took on Uran. My money was on Uran. Shows you what I know :blush:

Today the sun was out so the pain in my rib cage had somewhat subsided. Unfortunately breathing was still an issue and as soon as my heart reached 150bpm I was coughing up a lung! If I pushed beyond this point I began to choke, so I had to resign myself to the fact that if I wanted to stay in the race I had to keep my heart rate below 150bpm. Easier said than done against the world’s best riders.

Cameron Wurf, Cannondale

Agree with you grumpy re Barguil. Was very impressed with the way he took on Uran. My money was on Uran. Shows you what I know :blush:

Barguil is stunning.

What a surprize.

Argos' having a remarkable season.

The peak being Kittel's sprinting dominance in TdF.

Now this young climbing talent.

“It has been a great tour for me. When I attacked I had very good legs but I saw Uran was coming and I thought it best to wait a little and go for the sprint,” said Barguil. “To beat such a great rider and win gives me great confidence.”

“After the extremely cold temperatures yesterday [saturday] and with rain again in the first hour today [sunday], I have decided in consultation with my team to abandon the Vuelta,” Tony Martin said on his website. “The stage on Saturday had a drop in temperature from about 30 degrees to around 4 degrees and it was one of the most unusual I have ever ridden.”

Edited by ' Dale

Barguil is stunning.

What a surprize.

Argos' having a remarkable season.

The peak being Kittel's sprinting dominance in TdF.

Now this young climbing talent.

Speaking of Kittel - perhaps he could give Rigoberto some hairstyle help.. :-)