Post your car p*rn

Behan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good looking vehicle, but lacking in the performance / power stakes.

250kw from a twinscroll turbocharged 3.0L straight six engine? Not overly impressive.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/toyota-finally-takes-the-wraps-off-its-sa-bound-gr-supra-20190115

Sometimes I wonder if car makers make certain cars specifically for after-market guys to get their teeth into. The Toyota 86 was another example of this. Great great idea, but seemed to be a shoddy first attempt when seen in the metal.

A good looking vehicle, but lacking in the performance / power stakes.

250kw from a twinscroll turbocharged 3.0L straight six engine? Not overly impressive.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/toyota-finally-takes-the-wraps-off-its-sa-bound-gr-supra-20190115

250kw isn't to shabby at all on a small car that's pretty light.

The E46 M3 had 250kw and was way heavier than this.That was a blast to drive

Sometimes I wonder if car makers make certain cars specifically for after-market guys to get their teeth into. The Toyota 86 was another example of this. Great great idea, but seemed to be a shoddy first attempt when seen in the metal.

the 86 was aimed straight at the after market scene. They even said as much before its launch.

in some markets you could even get it with unpainted bumpers and basic steel wheels 

250kw isn't to shabby at all on a small car that's pretty light.

The E46 M3 had 250kw and was way heavier than this.That was a blast to drive

Pretty sure the stock old 2000's model had similar output. And THAT car was a legend. 

Pretty sure the stock old 2000's model had similar output. And THAT car was a legend.

No the s2k had 177kw and no torque....

No the s2k had 177kw and no torque....

Now you made me google... 

For the export model (America/Europe) Toyota upgraded the Supra turbo's engine (smaller, steel wheeled turbochargers, bigger fuel injectors, etc.). This increased the power output to 320 hp (239 kW; 324 PS) at 5,600 rpm and 315 lb⋅ft (427 N⋅m) of torque at 4,000 rpm. Upon its launch in 1993, it was the first Toyota-badged vehicle to include a passenger airbag as standard (US-market only).[21](326 hp (243 kW) and 325 lb⋅ft (441 N⋅m) for Europe)

It seems the lesser power one remained in Japan.