Spring League

stringbean

Anyone hear anything?I can't see this happening until CSA and PPA sort things out.No matter what your opinion is,if you are a licensed rider you can only ride in sactioned events.

I didn't take part in winter league but spoke to a lot of guys who did and EVERYONE said what a great job CCC did.

What about it CCC?How about organising spring league,so what if it clashes with PPA.Don't look like many road rides in PPA calender any way.I heard that the block on races in southern peninsula is still on.

There

Can of worms has been opened.

SB

It is really sad that its August (tomorrow) and nobody knows if there is even a spring league. That is piss poor for a sport that is supposedly the fastest growing sport in the country (one of them anyway even if it probably is mtb'ing)

Couple of points; to reiterate any fully licensed CSA riders will not be able to ride any PPA race if it's unsanctioned so lets hope they sort their $%^# out pronto.

Also <rant> PPA are supposed to be promoting WP cycling BUT by not organising a single road race after Argus it seems they are doing nothing but lining their own pockets. Also how many races are organised 100% by PPA? 1 Tonner? Argus? what else? 3 races per year is disgusting for an organisation of their size/calibre/history. <rant/>

CCC have done a sterling job along with the Polkadraai series over this winter, why aren't CSA and PPA for that matter leverageing the skills and organisation to improve cycling as a whole in WP?

Spot on Short Legs! I think you will fall on your back when you see PPA's finances. Shameful that they profess not to want to be involved in so called racing and are only interested in revenue creating fun rides.....no chance of developing the racing component of the sport. Why not give it to another body? Money and politics, that's why!

Of course the current legal matter with CSA compounds matters.

so why would any1 renew their PPA license if there's almost nothing on the calenders???

Thats a serious question :whistling:

from the PPA constitution

The income and property of the association whencesoever derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the association as set forth in this constitution and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly to any members of the association

so why would any1 renew their PPA license if there's almost nothing on the calenders???

I already did mine...but starting to wonder if it was a good idea

I heard that the Cobra was postponed / cancelled...

:excl:

I heard that the Cobra was postponed / cancelled...

:excl:

Yes, I got confirmation from the organizers. I quote "Due to various reason beyond our control it has been decided to postpone the Cape Cobra Challenge until 2014".

Sucks though

Edited by Daniel Rossouw

Ok so what PPA road races will we have before end of year apart from Tour de Worcester and 1 tonner?

Also, where are the new PPA numbers?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

if thats bout all the road races on the calender, im happy to do 1 or 2 of them from temp group!

gone are the days of us southerners having a bunch of races we could pedal to start line

sigh :whistling:

if thats bout all the road races on the calender, im happy to do 1 or 2 of them from temp group!

gone are the days of us southerners having a bunch of races we could pedal to start line

sigh :whistling:

Yeah, it's been rof for you PROs down South.

I miss the variety of routes.

Yip, unfortunately southern suburb events appear to be very reliant on Ou Kaapse Weg and has been hit hard by the seemingly endless road works on main road (and other).

I don't see many events happening until that is sorted, and there'll probably only be a couple of those 50km dashes from Fish Hoek. :thumbdown: