Gauteng DH Race #2 - Thaba Trails - POSTPONED

Super_mil

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time does it start? Can people spectate?

Practice from 08H00 to 11H00

Racing from 11H30

...and spectators are always welcome at DH events!

Is there entry fees for spectators?

We will have to see how many new local World Champions are going to take part.........the more celebrities the higher the viewing price :P

just joking.....It will cost you nothing to come and look

We will have to see how many new local World Champions are going to take part.........the more celebrities the higher the viewing price :P

just joking.....It will cost you nothing to come and look

schweet leke.

Will come try and take some kiekies

So, just to confirm. the race is happening on SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER.

Times are as per Patches post:

Practice from 08H00 to 11H00

Racing from 11H30

...and spectators are always welcome at DH events!

And there is no fees for spectators.

EDIT: Entrance will be through the Fire Station on Impala Road.

Edited by Super_mil

Damn was hoping to have a DH bike before this.. any one taking their 2nd hand DH bikes there to sell.. :ph34r: Or know a shop that sells DH bikes? :w00t:

Damn was hoping to have a DH bike before this.. any one taking their 2nd hand DH bikes there to sell.. :ph34r: Or know a shop that sells DH bikes? :w00t:

I will have 2 bikes there to sell if you are interested? Will let you test ride them too first.

Sounds good to me im 1.90 so not sure yet how the DH sizes work but would like to get in to it. :clap:

RACE POSTPONED

Just received this from Dave Hogan

"Hey Guys

Unfortunately to my regret i have some dissapointing news, due to some admin and miscommunication our race this weekend will have to be postponed until a furhter date. We have been trying everything to sort it out, but unfortunately our budget does not allow for this race to happen for us as we cant just rock up and race we need ambulances and medics.

We are meeting with Wendell next tuesday to find a compromise and will announce a date after that.

Me and ryan proposed a race calnder in the beggining of the year and said one day timed runs for fun, with no official sponsors, and with that lack of funding we dont have the budget to pay for a ambulance and medics for a day and still pay Thaba trails entry per rider and fuel etc. We are trying to organise that a unnofficial event be organised now where we will just do timed runs but will not be classified as a event.

Sorry About the late notice guys hope you guys understand where we are coming from

David and Ryan"