Schwalbe Racin Ralph tyre

Emphasis on picking your line. I've been riding the Maxxis Crossmark tubeless ready tyre on the rear for 14 months (on my second one which is near the end of its life), not the UST version. Touch wood, I have never had a sidewall cut on them. Hell, I even rode with a Rocket Ron Evo on the front for about 6 months before I cut the tyre on glass, and those sidewalls are paper thin (I rode the Barberton Ultra with the Rocket Ron Evo's front and rear with no issues.)

Question, do you ride a dual suss? Most guys that didn't learn to ride an HT or didn't ride an HT for years have the tendency to not bother with their lines at all because they are accustomed to the rear suspension absorbing the trail.

+1, never had issues with sidewall cuts, no matter how thin.

I don't like Racing Ralphs that much, find the knobs tear off a bit too quickly. But durability wise, like Crispy says. If you look where you put your wheel, the tyre will last just as good as any other.

R450 per tyre is very expensive though...

I find the same knobs tear outside off way too easily I have a Fairly new set on mine and they are buggered and I am not the hardest rider out there . :)

PS For sidewall cuts sew it up with some dental floss and place a patch on inside of tyre works like a charm for training tyre. I even got mine working tubeless like that , would not race with it though . :)

My bike came out with Schwalbe Evo's,had endless trouble with them. My LBS has a bin full of them on sale for R200 where new bikes sold the owners have replaced them before they have even left the shop

My bike came out with Schwalbe Evo's,had endless trouble with them. My LBS has a bin full of them on sale for R200 where new bikes sold the owners have replaced them before they have even left the shop

My bike shop does the same with Rons. Was R100 last time I checked.

hehehe

I'm trouble,

Racing Ralph rear,

Rocket Ron front.

Neither with Snake skin... (at the time I bought the tyres they were'nt available in snake skin, they one of them still ain't).

G

It tore on the back tyre on a really small rock, I was surprised to see it tear because the terrain was not bad at all. Maybe it weaked earlier on in the riede on some other rocky section, but I have ridden much worse on kenda and maxxis without it happening.Maybe the snakeskin is a lot better and the standard isa Euro type tyre where conditions are not as harsh.

Please ride some more in Europe, some tyre slicing paradise there. Yes, some of the tracks are better prepared but the marathon paths are just as brutal as our local stuff.

Tyres are a bit like the rest of a bike - you can have light and weak or heavy and strong. (Cheap doesn't seem to come into it nowadays as far as bike tyres are concerned.)