Handle Bar for Enduro Build

G-Unit

Ok 2 questions.

Where do the kiddies sit?

And is the Moto for sale?

You looking for a medium MOTO, I have one .... but will not be selling anytime soon!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You looking for a medium MOTO, I have one .... but will not be selling anytime soon!

With special attention to the reply from 0:56 to the 1:01 mark...

1. From the pic (could be angle) it looks like your bar needs to rolled forward a bit.

2. Go down to 70mm I'd say. Based on no facts whatsoever! But it's a good middle ground and going too short too quick might pose other problems especially if you do longer rides.

Thanks, will check it out. I've got plenty left on the steerer as well and I'm gonna keep tweaking everything until I get it just right. Any specific stem brands you could suggest to have a look at?

Edited by G-Unit

Thanks, will check it out. I've got plenty left on the steerer as well and I'm gonna keep tweaking everything until I get it just right. Any specific stem brands you could suggest to have a look at?

That depends on how heavy your wallet is. The Truvativ AKA seems well priced and tough

There are lots of good options. In fact, unless you go overly burly or weight weenie light, you will most likely get a good one.

Easton, Answer, Hope, Spank, RaceFace, Nukeproof...all good options.

Seing as your doing the black thing how about one of these:

Easton Heaven 70mm

RaceFace Atlas 65mm

Chromag

post-29780-0-37419600-1379082462_thumb.jpg

post-29780-0-94784300-1379082517_thumb.jpg

post-29780-0-56113100-1379082555_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I just bought myself a Santa Cruz Nomad frame and fork and am looking to build it for Enduro / free rding. The thing is, to get it up an running, I just slapped on my cross country bike's 700mm flat bar, and the bike's handling is not great

I would appreciate some input regarding a nice enduro bar to use?

I was looking at Spank's Subrosa (747mm with a 15mm rise) or a Spank Stiffy (762mm with a 20mm rise). Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

G.

Hi, I went from a 80mm +- Truvativ AKA 6 deg stem to a Thompson Elite 50mm 0deg Stem on my Nomad, Made the world of difference on the downhills and general handling of the bike. Have Boobars at 740mm but am looking to put 760mm bars. Wouldn't use anything more than a 25mm rise tho. Just my 2 cents on that bike.

Nice Choice in Bike!

Hi, I went from a 80mm +- Truvativ AKA 6 deg stem to a Thompson Elite 50mm 0deg Stem on my Nomad, Made the world of difference on the downhills and general handling of the bike. Have Boobars at 740mm but am looking to put 760mm bars. Wouldn't use anything more than a 25mm rise tho. Just my 2 cents on that bike.

Nice Choice in Bike!

Thanks Hylton - actually you put me onto the bike I bought. Remember us chatting at Cascades?

On the bar and stem combo - I'm already at 760mm. Will look out for a Thompson 50mm stem.

And your ride is sweet BTW!

Edited by G-Unit

Thanks Hylton - actually you put me onto the bike I bought. Remember us chatting at Cascades?

On the bar and stem combo - I'm already at 760mm. Will look out for a Thompson 50mm stem.

And your ride is sweet BTW!

Hahaha ok cool, sorry I dont know everyones's Hub names yet, I'm sure ill recognise the face tho. Sorry man. I do remember now that you remind me about the bike. You going to have a lot of fun on it!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a new set of bars for my baby, must be red in colourand not break the bank! suggestions?

Edit: Never mind, all sorted :clap:

Edited by Nofearnofun