what trail did Needles ride?

dhmattm

i was watching the movie 3 minute gaps and the track that Needles rode looks sick and so did those dirt jumps!!

does anyone know where they are and how to get there?

thanks

http://mpora.com/videos/lU9VQTu9e

When we arrived in Somerset west to film "Needles" section it was clear it wasn't going to be a normal weeks filming for a number of reasons. First, we had to put up with a full week of Sven Martin in full panic mode every time a potential photographic moment was missed. Which resulted in us getting out of bed at 5.30am everyday for the epic morning light. Second, Andrew has the best trails and jumps literally in his own own back yard. The area overlooks both the Indian and Atlantic Ocean and is one of the most amazing places I have ever filmed. Getting a chance to hang out with Andrew in his hometown for the filming of his section was one the most memorable experiences of my life.

Check out the the behind-the-scenes video of Andrew Neethling's section.

Edited by Tumbleweed

but where in cape town is that track?

that wasn't all filmed at the same place. the shots at around 1.50 looked very much like Conters (Tygerberg).

Could be around (@2:18 and 2:30 mark it looks to be) the Signal hill and then the lower section just above the Bo-Kaap?

It looks like an area in Somerset West, where they built ramps and have been riding for years. Some of it looks like the ramp section on the corner of R44 and Irene Rd Somerset west.

Its probably that spot, you know the one everyone goes on and on about ....Gotta get there some time

Guest Omega Man

Some of it is Conters. Some is in Somerset west. Some is in Paarl.

the jump spot is on r44. called bel'aire.

DH is in Helderberg, up near the nature reserve. with conters and paarl as well.

the next wp dh race will be in Helderberg, not that trail though.