Ebay ftw - cheap batteries

fandacious

my pharmacy sells them for 6.99 in lakeside, anywhere else they are close to 20 bucks... what gives!

my pharmacy sells them for 6.99 in lakeside, anywhere else they are close to 20 bucks... what gives!

the ebay deal works out to ~R1.10 each - so even R6.99 is a decent markup

let us know how long they last ... we could buy a few hundred and make millions!

ebay ones: Capacity: 210mAh

dischem ones : Rated Capacity 235 mAh

so not much of a difference

I'm always in need of CR2032's for heart rate monitors, power meter, cadence sensor, etc

Dischem sells for R16 each.

just bought 20 off ebay for ~R25 incl free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330610492723

Wow. The watchmaker up the road has been ripping me at 40 bucks a pop. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: the listing has been removed - did you buy them all?

Edited by Harryn

Eeish fellows, those R1/R2 lithium batteries on eBay are generally *** as they come.

Can leak or go funny and dont last nearly as long.

Rather pay a little more and get Varta or Panasonic , Sony etc. The better ones are like R3 a battery but they are 100% professional quality.

Eeish fellows, those R1/R2 lithium batteries on eBay are generally *** as they come.

Can leak or go funny and dont last nearly as long.

Rather pay a little more and get Varta or Panasonic , Sony etc. The better ones are like R3 a battery but they are 100% professional quality.

Where for 3 Rondts each please?

fand, I bought a 20 pack like that once a few years ago. Obviously with 10000 sellers, there are lots of different makes of battery etc.

Moer cheap, but those batteries weren't great hey. Didn't last very long. But still, even with the negative they still offer a lot more bang for your buck compared to buying locally.

At that price you can afford to replace them monthly!! :thumbup:

Ja but the point is some things are a bit of a mission to open up to change the battery and every opening may make it less waterproof if it's a waterproof device - you really want to use the best batteries only. On ebay the best batteries are ridiculously affordable compared to buying singles at the shops or worse the LBS.

Search on eBay for the battery code and then Sony, Panasonic, Varta, Sanyo etc

You gotta hunt your bargains , and after .com try eBay.co.uk or .au for the best deal.

Ja but the point is some things are a bit of a mission to open up to change the battery and every opening may make it less waterproof if it's a waterproof device - you really want to use the best batteries only. On ebay the best batteries are ridiculously affordable compared to buying singles at the shops or worse the LBS.

Search on eBay for the battery code and then Sony, Panasonic, Varta, Sanyo etc

You gotta hunt your bargains , and after .com try eBay.co.uk or .au for the best deal.

Think maxell (or w.e.)was best/cheapest for price etc .. but ya,in the case of this model batt cheap is *&%#