Best person to service SID in CT?

dylankeyter

Hi Hubbers. I need to service my Rock Shox SID fork, where in your experience is the best place in Cape Town? I'm thinking Olaff at Crosstown Cycles or BMC in Woodstock? Price and service considered. Thanks!

Someone called?

We're not the cheapest guys in town, but we'll have it back to you in 2 days with a guarantee on parts and workmanship, and 10% off if you're a TMB member. I've dropped you a PM with my contact details.

Just serviced a Reba team myself - lowers, airspring and damper. Online manuals from RS and vids on youtube. Its proverbially P##s easy. Parts were just over R500,00 and oil about R50,00. You can buy quality motorbike fork oil at any motorcycle dealer but you may have to buy a largish quantity. Good for next time.

I got away with a decent shifter as I didnt have a suitable 24mm socket for the top caps and used a small pair of side cutters to compress the spring clips to remove the damper and spring bits from the uppers. I was intimidated by the job but it really was simple and satisfying to complete.

The wifes fork is now smooth like butter.