MotoGP

SeaBee

Not if Vinales doesn't leave?

I personally think they will keep Dovi and dump Iannone. Dovi as a development rider seeing as Lorenzo is the championship hopeful then.

Also Lorenzo and Stoner get along well so there will be a good working relationship there.

Dovi's riding style is also closer to Lorenzo's than Iannone so would make development easier for Ducati.

Hear the rumours of Lorenzo to Honda????? Think it wasn't seriously made though.

Marquez did say for the whole of the pre-season he was trying to change his style but then decided to stick with what he does best. It works, no denying that. That Honda looks loose as hell but on rails at the same time!!!

Well, how I see the game of musical chairs going (and this all pivots on the Lorenzo-Ducati deal)

Lorenzo goes to Ducati

Vinales goes to Movistar Yamaha

Dovi goes to Suzuki

Unless Suzuki can dangle a massive carrot in front of Vinales, I doubt he's not going to grab the chance should it present itself.

Also heard Ducati are talking to Marquez, but with all the uncertainty everyone is talking to everyone, so I'm not surprised.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, how I see the game of musical chairs going (and this all pivots on the Lorenzo-Ducati deal)

Lorenzo goes to Ducati

Dovi goes to Suzuki

Unless Suzuki can dangle a massive carrot in front of Vinales, I doubt he's not going to grab the chance should it present itself.

Also heard Ducati are talking to Marquez, but with all the uncertainty everyone is talking to everyone, so I'm not surprised.

Reckon if JL moves, this is the closest to what will happen.

Lorenzo goes to Ducati

Dovi goes to Suzuki

We will wait and see. MM is pretty much stuck at HRC for the foreseeable future though due to the Spanish connection. Besides, why would he leave?

Unfortunately DP will be leaving I reckon. Possibly for Alex Marquez, although he is having a tough time.

Question then is where does Pedro go? WSBK? Retire?

The others I think you are spot on although there is Rins possibly to Suzuki instead of Dovi?

Begs the question of what about the open KTM seat and the mysterious new team and what bike they will run???

So many unknowns!!!

Meanwhile Binder rode a solid race and still leads the Moto3 championship!!!

We will wait and see. MM is pretty much stuck at HRC for the foreseeable future though due to the Spanish connection. Besides, why would he leave?

Unfortunately DP will be leaving I reckon. Possibly for Alex Marquez, although he is having a tough time.

Question then is where does Pedro go? WSBK? Retire?

The others I think you are spot on although there is Rins possibly to Suzuki instead of Dovi?

Begs the question of what about the open KTM seat and the mysterious new team and what bike they will run???

So many unknowns!!!

Meanwhile Binder rode a solid race and still leads the Moto3 championship!!!

Yeah I don't see MM93 leaving HRC any time soon, but I said the same thing about JL99(1).

Also, Dani, I really don't know. Why would HRC replace him. He's a good rider, he doesn't really threaten the clear Number 1. Why would they bring in an unknown quantity when they know what Dani can do. But this is the one I really can't place. I've also got a feeling he's gonna go, but I'll be surprised. If he does go, I'm calling on Suzuki or KTM to dangle a big fat cheque in front of his nose (not that he needs it I'm sure).

Yamaha want Rins, that much is very clear. I think he's going to come to Tech 3 next season, with the likelihood of replacing Rossi in 2019, if he's willing to wait that long.

As for the new team, it's most probably going to be Sito Pons, but I haven't got a clue what bike they'll decide to run. Suzuki is being pressured to bring two satellite bikes to the grid, but they say they can't afford it. Pons has got some sway with investors/sponsors, so we could likely see another Suzbox on the grid. But Pons also has ties to Honda if I'm not mistaken, so I'm not sure. Most likely if Pons gets the slot, Pol Espargaro fills that seat.

Yeah I don't see MM93 leaving HRC any time soon, but I said the same thing about JL99(1).

Also, Dani, I really don't know. Why would HRC replace him. He's a good rider, he doesn't really threaten the clear Number 1. Why would they bring in an unknown quantity when they know what Dani can do. But this is the one I really can't place. I've also got a feeling he's gonna go, but I'll be surprised. If he does go, I'm calling on Suzuki or KTM to dangle a big fat cheque in front of his nose (not that he needs it I'm sure).

Yamaha want Rins, that much is very clear. I think he's going to come to Tech 3 next season, with the likelihood of replacing Rossi in 2019, if he's willing to wait that long.

As for the new team, it's most probably going to be Sito Pons, but I haven't got a clue what bike they'll decide to run. Suzuki is being pressured to bring two satellite bikes to the grid, but they say they can't afford it. Pons has got some sway with investors/sponsors, so we could likely see another Suzbox on the grid. But Pons also has ties to Honda if I'm not mistaken, so I'm not sure. Most likely if Pons gets the slot, Pol Espargaro fills that seat.

Agree with Dani but he is really struggling with the Honda, Honda is having problems with constructor points. MM is the only rider scoring unfortunately.

Rins at Tech 3, agreed but he might be tempted by Suzuki or KTM as it is a factory ride.

Suzuki, KTM and Aprilia will be Dorna bound to supply bikes for the new team, Honda have met their numbers of bikes supplied so doubt they will be the bike. Also look at how the Honda's are struggling. My money is on Suzuki, this years bike for the new team with an upgrade to the factory bikes every year same as the Yamaha/Tech 3 deal.

Other name in question is Crutchlow, not doing enough to keep his ride and Checcinello(spelling??) looks less than happy about it...........

Aprilia going well considering the bike only got bolted together at Qatar really.

Other name in question is Crutchlow, not doing enough to keep his ride and Checcinello(spelling??) looks less than happy about it...........

Lucio's face after Crutches binned it in T11 said it all.

Looks like the pressure from MM is taking it's toll on the Yamaha boys !!

Last week JL , this week VR46 !!!

Even though it is VERY early in the season , looks like it is gonna be real hard to beat MM .

My mate lives in the UK and says MCN has stated that they have verified info that JL has signed with Duke , and it will be announced at Jerez at the next race .

If I was Yam , I would certainly throw the cheque book at Vinales .

I would also keep Dovi at Duke as opposed to the Idiot ( sorry Maniac ) .

Rins to Tech 3 would make sense to me .

Honda don't seem to be grooming anyone to fill Dani's place , so maybe he will get a 1 year deal for 2017 . Can't see Honda looking at Alex Marques .

Hopefully Honda throw the cheque book at Vinales , but no rumours about that at the moment .... This year is gonna be great !!

Agree with Dani but he is really struggling with the Honda, Honda is having problems with constructor points. MM is the only rider scoring unfortunately.

Rins at Tech 3, agreed but he might be tempted by Suzuki or KTM as it is a factory ride.

Suzuki, KTM and Aprilia will be Dorna bound to supply bikes for the new team, Honda have met their numbers of bikes supplied so doubt they will be the bike. Also look at how the Honda's are struggling. My money is on Suzuki, this years bike for the new team with an upgrade to the factory bikes every year same as the Yamaha/Tech 3 deal.

Aprilia going well considering the bike only got bolted together at Qatar really.

Not struggling with the Honda, struggling with the Michelins ... compound getting harder and harder for the damn Ducrappies, that's why he went for the soft rear yesterday and was actually not looking too out of sorts until the mistake.

But I'm sure you know this.

Edited by Kraggie

Even though it is VERY early in the season , looks like it is gonna be real hard to beat MM .

My mate lives in the UK and says MCN has stated that they have verified info that JL has signed with Duke , and it will be announced at Jerez at the next race .

Honda don't seem to be grooming anyone to fill Dani's place , so maybe he will get a 1 year deal for 2017 . Can't see Honda looking at Alex Marques .

Hopefully Honda throw the cheque book at Vinales , but no rumours about that at the moment .... This year is gonna be great !!

There is so much good talent in moto2, Zarco, Folger, Marquez. But they all seem to struggle when getting to the big league. Look at Rabar, Bradl(to an extent), Pol, etc. Not even starting on miller, what a waste!!

Seems you need to be supremely talented to be able to match the "aliens". Just ask Spies........

Not struggling with the Honda, struggling with the Michelins ... compound getting harder and harder for the damn Ducrappies, that's why he went for the soft rear yesterday and was actually not looking too out of sorts until the mistake.

But I'm sure you know this.

I do know yes, thing is Marquez isn't struggling....... Suppose it is Stoner/Ducati all over again.

If we are into ancedotal things, then we could say that the pressure from MM is getting to the Ducati tyres too.

Those reports are 3 or 4 weeks old, if not older.......

Will believe it once it's official and he wears a red sweater :ph34r:

Regarding Yamaha pressure, Rossi was caught out by the Michelin front, as most of the riders have been at some stage during the last few months. Could have been that he pushed 0.001 % harder because he lost all those places at the start, and that was the difference between staying on and coming off.

MM made the correct tyre choice and it worked well for him. Need to see how he goes the next couple of races as it's reportedly Yamaha dominated tracks. We'll see, with him anything is possible.

Edited by Kraggie

Will believe it once it's official and he wears a red sweater :ph34r:

Regarding Yamaha pressure, Rossi was caught out by the Michelin front, as most of the riders have been at some stage during the last few months. Could have been that he pushed 0.001 % harder because he lost all those places at the start, and that was the difference between staying on and coming off.

MM made the correct tyre choice and it worked well for him. Need to see how he goes the next couple of races as it's reportedly Yamaha dominated tracks. We'll see, with him anything is possible.

I tend to agree with you, in my opinion the clever move would be to stay. Then again with Honda(MM) back on form the Yamaha isn't the clear favourite anymore?

That and the apparent push from certain camps to help Lorenzo move.

"Better the devil you know" they say. I think Vinales on the Yamaha will be close to unbeatable once he settles in.

I think the 2014 season showed MM is pretty good on most tracks.

Did you see that stat that MM is yet to be beaten on US soil. 10 wins in America on the trot. That is impressive considering it is Indy and Laguna, both very different tracks.

Then again with Honda(MM) back on form the Yamaha isn't the clear favourite anymore?

I'm not convinced. Marquez has been the difference so far. Yes, the Honda has been improved, no doubt, but the Yamaha is still the most complete bike on the grid.

Also, this is a really interesting read regarding Honda's new counter-rotating crankshaft and what impact reversing the rotation had on the power of the Honda (and it is quite noticeable)