[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Hakahana as technical as the van Gaalens race Tim?

Nope, its not as technical and doesn't have those really gnarly rocky descents...but don't underestimate it, there are still some challenging sections and some proper climbing.

Nope, its not as technical and doesn't have those really gnarly rocky descents...but don't underestimate it, there are still some challenging sections and some proper climbing.

yeah, don't try to ride that concrete climb, jump off walk up, watch the slope go to 26% and make sure you have something wacky to say to the camera man stalking/waiting at the top, while waiting for your sense of humor to catch up... :D

that paved decent next to the wall.... mmm... make sure your brakes work before hand, if i remember correctly there is quite a corner at the bottom of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it last year

Unfortunately missing it this year coz of Towers.

yeah, don't try to ride that concrete climb, jump off walk up, watch the slope go to 26% and make sure you have something wacky to say to the camera man stalking/waiting at the top, while waiting for your sense of humor to catch up... :D

that paved decent next to the wall.... mmm... make sure your brakes work before hand, if i remember correctly there is quite a corner at the bottom of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it last year

Unfortunately missing it this year coz of Towers.

I'm sure I heard someone say "there's no more unrideable concrete climb" somewhere.... Are any parts of the marathon route available to the public prior to the event? Wouldn't mind a ride out there beforehand.

Don't forget, for a mere R150 (that goes to CHOC, Childhood Cancer Foundation) you can relax after your event while a Cow accompanies your kid on their fun ride! You can pre-book a Cow (go to https://www.facebook.com/renta.cow.7) or rent one on the day at the Cow gazebo. NB limited Cow stock available, especially the heifers so best to pre-book ;-)

I'm sure I heard someone say "there's no more unrideable concrete climb" somewhere.... Are any parts of the marathon route available to the public prior to the event? Wouldn't mind a ride out there beforehand.

Seems like it might be opening after the event.

www.facebook.com/HakahanaTrails

Video: Aerial tour of "The Wagon Trail" and "The Rinkhals" at HAKAHANA

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=657234130968425&set=vb.648964975128674&type=2&theater

Looks awesome from the air, sad to be missing it.

Seems like it might be opening after the event.

Looks awesome from the air, sad to be missing it.

It does look lekker and only a 15 minute ride from my place too :D

Got nothing on 3T though. enjoy it.

Will be there.. If its not as technical as van gaalens ill be aiming for a top 50 position and my goal is to finish all 5 races of the series! loving it :w00t:

DAMM Roadie! Tim, please make it technical so that I can show this laaitie what MTB is about :whistling: