D2D

Speedster Scott

Tarlton Rumble strips caused me a world of pain and misery in the EPR 120km race - both bottles got thrown 3km in, had to go back to fetch. That coupled with 2 punctures, set me up for a momentous 110km SOLO time trial in the wind. Best left forgotton, SO PAY ATTENTION TO ANY RUMBLE STRIPS, THEY COULD REALLY RUIN YOUR DAY.

Thanx for the worning!!! :thumbup: my first one this year :ph34r:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strips are early on, not sure but I'd say first 20km. If you see them you should be ok, bunny hop or slow down and watch other riders. Its normally chaos. Oh and watch for bottles on the road!

How was your EPR JCZA?

Those rumble strips are a real pain, dont go fast over them, your bottles will rattle out. Bunny hop, or try edge around the side of them, there are several sets, just outside Tarlton Raceway.

mind the loose spinning bottles too. best get up front and on the edge of the bunch so that you can deal with them properly and not get caught out.

How was your EPR JCZA?

Those rumble strips are a real pain, dont go fast over them, your bottles will rattle out. Bunny hop, or try edge around the side of them, there are several sets, just outside Tarlton Raceway.

mind the loose spinning bottles too. best get up front and on the edge of the bunch so that you can deal with them properly and not get caught out.

It was a sufferfest for the last 20km. All blew apart at hekpoort as expected. Found some friends and was cruising along but the last stretch was very hard and lonely. How was yours?

Maybe I am missing something, BUT why am I the only guy using a rubberband to tie my bottles into the cage for Wilro, EPR and D2D?

USN bottles are slightly fatter, They dont fall out on the rumble strips, Dischem has a triple pack for R54.00, Rubberband idea is cool Talus

Maybe I am missing something, BUT why am I the only guy using a rubberband to tie my bottles into the cage for Wilro, EPR and D2D?

I've got the cheapo metal cages and fit is tight, never lost a bottle on road. But I also know where the strips are. :whistling:

Loop the rubberband over the front of the cage, back through itself and hook the band around the spout. When drinking flip the band of and leave it dangling. Dont attempt to put it back - this implies drinking first time after the strips (they are early anyway).

Perhaps the JCZA train should fall back to the DL batch to pull me over the finish line in a sub 3 :)

Hahaha what train? Missed the last one, hope I catch this one. See you there