Rockman Entry give away competition

Face Plant

Triathlon wetsuit:-

Use a plastic bag (Checkers, Woolies, Pick 'n Pay) over your hands and/or feet when pulling on your swim wetsuit, helps slide onto arms and legs much easier...

Peter Pan...

A Shoprite bag works even better.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eat while you are cycling, you will need the nutrition and energy the food will give you for the rest of the cycle and for the run. Eating while runnin is hard at the best of times. Hydrating should also be a necessity

I can confirm that this in fact a legitimate competition with legitimate prizes :clap: . Just got my hamper!!

Thanks guys

its a pleasure Garfield! hope you enjoy the products

Edited by Face Plant

So guys, with all the hype around this event we thought that it would be a nice gesture to offer someone the opportunity of winning a free entry into the Ultra distance event.

So how its going to work?

This competition will be run for a month from today, every week we will be giving away one 32GI product hamper to the person that posts the best Triathlon related tip/Advise. at the end of the competition we will give away a free entry to the person that we think has posted the best tip/advise during the course of the competition. The tips/advise can be related to Swim, bike or run

for more information about the race please visit our website: www.rockmanxtri.co.za and follow us on twitter @rockmanxtri

This is a tip, more canoeing related.

Advise (verb)

"To give someone advice(noun)."

Tip - keep some extra insallation tape taped around your seatpost.

If you puncture more than once or don't have a tube on you, you can wrap this around the hole of the tube and finnish the bike leg with it.

Holds as good as any patch in my experience :)

Comes in as a great make-shift puncture repair kit

If you are not a great swimmer, or the last time you got into a pool was with armbands, then visit your local gym and ask the swimming coach/instructor (mostly there around 5-6pm doing coaching lessons) to help improve your swimming stroke/technique. This will hepl build confidence and save (much needed) energy while reducing time spend on race day in the water

Practice running after cycling! You can do as much running and cycling training as you want, but not being used to the feeling of coming off the bike and starting to run may result in cramps

Equipment Check

At least 2 days before, pump tires, and go over your bike thoroughly. Are your goggles leaking, or do they suck? GET NEW ONES RIGHT AWAY!!!

There is no way to avoid contact in the swim. Arms are flapping and feet are kicking, and someone may swim over you. Know it's going to happen, be prepared and don't panic. Stay calm and keep swimming.

The most important tip is: enjoy yourself! If you feelin ***, slow down, enjoy the scenery and the crowds, gather yourself and carry on going! Also smile and wave back to spectators, they're there for you! Show some appreciation dammit!

The next winner of a 32GI hamper is SIdekick Racer with the following tip:

"Tip - keep some extra insallation tape taped around your seat-post.

If you puncture more than once or don't have a tube on you, you can wrap this around the hole of the tube and finnish the bike leg with it.

Holds as good as any patch in my experience :)

Comes in as a great make-shift puncture repair kit"

Edited by ROCKMAN X-TRIATHLON