Lost City ...

tazman

Guys,

I'm sorry to hear about all the mishaps. That's very unfortunate and it should not happen. One cyclist to get by a vehicle is one cyclist to many.

I would like to know when will all the different codes in cycling get together and plan the race program accordingly.

Doing the Lost City ride on a Saturday? To me that's crazy. Especially if you had an All Black team staying there for the whole week before they thumped the Boks again.

All of us are so vain its unbelievable. And thats got nothing to do with only cyclists. Of course there were many "bikies" going to Sol's place for the ride.

But how many "Pretorianers and Jo'burgers" etc. went there to try and catch a glimpse of Richie McCaw, Daniel Carter etc. just to say "I was there?"

We, Souff Efricans, love sport to much to give up an oppertunity like that. And then we'll be at at the park the next day. No mistake.

Just to proclaim we were with the All Blacks the whole weekend! Even it was in different parts of the Sun City complex.

Meantime, there's a race taking place on the morning of the TEST. 5 000 competitors. As I max my credit, being late for the test I've already paid, I'm in a hurry. And know, what the f@@@@ck are these cyclist doing in front of me. I'm going to be late for the kick-off!

If the Lost City race took place on Sunday morning?

I reserve the right to ask questions like this.

Planning (logistics) is everything.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michelle

I saw Daniel Carter on Sunday ... woohoo! smiley4.gif  A couple of the other guys as well.. don't know their names though.  The one guy we saw at Canal Walk after the Argus as well.. maybe he enjoys watching SA cycling smiley36.gif  Jason would know who it is.. he's a big All-Blacks fan smiley2.gif

I agree this race should maybe be on a Sunday. Another thing, because the bunches don't really break up in this race the organizers should maybe consider reducing the size of the bunches. Starting in groups of 250 10 Minutes apart on this race is not the right way. Maybe reduce the bunches to 100 and start 5 minutes apart will do the trick. Anyway doing 30 to 35 in the B-baunch will never catch the a-bunch.

Yeah... I think the All Blacks follow us around smiley36.gif.

We saw Dan Carter, Dougie Howlett, Jimmy Cowan and the other chap was Ma?a Nonu and a few others. They were just clowning around. Ahh... the life of a professional.

Die ladies bunch het ook n ongeluk of 2 gehaad..

Die een was net voor die 50km merk gewees waar van ons oor die witlyn gegaan het.. die motorfiets bestuurder het vir ons ges? ons moet terug beweeg oor die lyn maar dis nie so maklik altyd nie.. ons bunch was ook nie die kleinste gewees nie..

Die motorfiets bestuur het aan hou druk dat ons terug moet gaan. Op daai oomblik het een van die C-bist girls geval.

Het gister gehoor dat sy baie seer gekry het..

Een van haar nekwervels gebreuk en nog so paar gekraak.. en nog ander ook gekraak en seer gemaak. Nou wil ek weet is dit rerig nogid was. Ons weet ons moet terug ons sit nie opsetlik daai kant van die lyn nie. smiley18.gif

yikes! i hope she gets better soon. very very unpleasant to have a neck injury, let along such a bad one :-(

thing is, snapshot, imagine the instruction to get back was ignored, then not enforced, and then a taxi comes over a blind rise, or a motorist gets sick and tired of waiting for a gap to try to overtake and then something even worse happens? riders must keep to the left of the middle line unless there is full road closure and marshalls/officials must enforce the rules especially when it involves safety. we all know this and just because some other rider crosses the line and ignores the marshalls doesn't make it ok for everyone to do it. are our lives worth the small prize money involved in SA races (for those of you who are at that level) or the couple of seconds we're gonna save? (also, did the motorbike make her fall or was it because of pushing and shoving in the group? was it really his fault, or is he just an easy scapegoat?)