How long should your tyres last

Nickster

Just wondering on average how long should your knobbly tyres be lasting if you are only riding offroad?

Ridden my Schwalbe Rocket Ron's for about 200km and already noticing a reduction on the back tread

They have pretty soft rubber. More grip, but wear out quicker. Depends on the terrain and riding style as well. Pretty expensive when compared to car tyres....

Tell me about it. I try not to think of the amount of money I've spent, just over the past month, on mtb'ing.

But by your guys responses it doesn't sound unreasonable. My bank account is going to hate me

Just wondering on average how long should your knobbly tyres be lasting if you are only riding offroad?

Ridden my Schwalbe Rocket Ron's for about 200km and already noticing a reduction on the back tread

Don't put so much EPO in the syringe. Try use less. The tyres will last longer.

How long is strike season?

Tell me about it. I try not to think of the amount of money I've spent, just over the past month, on mtb'ing.

But by your guys responses it doesn't sound unreasonable. My bank account is going to hate me

Just say off the tar :thumbup:

What you gain in grip by having softer rubber is that you won't crash so often (save money at the doctor / hospital) What you lose is getting good mileage. Harder rubber will last longer but not grip so well (eina) in the rough and loose.

What you gain in grip by having softer rubber is that you won't crash so often (save money at the doctor / hospital) What you lose is getting good mileage. Harder rubber will last longer but not grip so well (eina) in the rough and loose.

What are considered soft tyres?

Try Schwalbe Racing Ralphs. The set on my 29er has done 5700 km thus far and still looks great. I tend to ride at higher tyre pressure to avoid snake bite punctures. Maybe higher tyre pressure has a positive effect on tyre lifespan

Try Schwalbe Racing Ralphs. The set on my 29er has done 5700 km thus far and still looks great. I tend to ride at higher tyre pressure to avoid snake bite punctures. Maybe higher tyre pressure has a positive effect on tyre lifespan

dont you find they dont grip very well if you run high pressures?

dont you find they dont grip very well if you run high pressures?

You get used to it. As with most things, the more you train with such a setup, the better you get at it.