How long should your tyres last

Nickster

It will most likely spin your head a bit then if I say I'm still on the same set of Spez tyres my bike came out with - 3 500+ k's and still enough tread on. Admittedly not all tech riding, some gravel and even tar roads thrown in. Just sayin... piece of thread indeed.

I suppose the real question is how much tread do you need to have on your tyre before you toss it? Actually what is the minimum suggested tread height on a Mtb tyre?

The Nobby Nic on the back of my Reign lasted 5 rides before I holed it and spent R850 on 2 decent new tyres. It all depends on the bike, terrain and riding style. I generally find my tyres end up with holes in the sidewalls and through the tread before the tread is worn away. The X mark and Ignitor from Maxxis are tough long lasting tyres as is the Larsen.

Dunno. I was given some x-marks this year after my Saguaros disintegrated in the Elandsberg. I found them to be super durable and they went on to do 1400km in a week after that without a puncture or even a ml of stans leaking out. That said I think their response in the truly muddy stuff (and we have plenty of that in CT at the moment) is pretty average, they feel the same no matter what pressure you run them and they sound like you have a flat when you roll on the flat stuff if you run them soft.

They will last. Do I recommend them, not really, go with the Seguaros, but I will keep riding them till they are dead because in fairness, a tyre is a tyre is a tyre.... Good bike control says unless you have utter crud on, all the top brands are so marginal us plebs hardly see too much of a difference.