Light fast rolling tyre.....durable....

Guest Smimby

Thought I would give an update

In the end I went with Spez Renegade 2.3 and ran them at 1.9 back and 1.8 front.

I managed to improve my K2C time by 25min, and I was happy with the tyre weight and grip it gave me.

Edit: spelling

Try dropping pressures.... I have been running down as low as 1.2 rear and 1.3 front at 68kg and it's definitely working for me - adds significantly to grip on the dirt and does not seem to increase rolling resistance at all. Previously I used to run at 1.5 front and rear - on my longacre guage - which is accurate...

On tar you can feel it adds some to the suspension on my fully rigid 29er - but you quickly get used to the softer feeling..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would give an update

In the end I went with Spez Renegade 2.3 and ran them at 1.9 back and 1.8 front.

I managed to improve my K2C time by 25min, and I was happy with the tyre weight and grip it gave me.

Edit: spelling

Nice tyres those

I've got some Spez Sworks Fast traks on now, coz im just such a weight weenie :ph34r:

And then I HAD to stumble across a 435grm Shwalbe 29er Tyre on Evobikes' site this morning.....dammit.

Guest Smimby

Try dropping pressures.... I have been running down as low as 1.2 rear and 1.3 front at 68kg and it's definitely working for me - adds significantly to grip on the dirt and does not seem to increase rolling resistance at all. Previously I used to run at 1.5 front and rear - on my longacre guage - which is accurate...

On tar you can feel it adds some to the suspension on my fully rigid 29er - but you quickly get used to the softer feeling..

I am 90KG so I will have to go down slowly from my 1.9 bar, but will give it a try

I am 90KG so I will have to go down slowly from my 1.9 bar, but will give it a try

So - 1.4 rear and 1.5 front as a suggested start point? just make sure your guage is accurate at those pressures - plenty are not - my park tool pump is about 30% out at 1.3 - the wrong way... too soft...

Yes the renegades are nice, even the 29 x 1.95 is as wide as my 2.1 crossmark and weighs in at 530g. Perfect rear tire for flatish races.

85kg- 29er

xking front 1.5 and race king rear 1.7

racing ralphs front and back 1.4F 1.6R

Ikons front and back 1.4F 1.5B

crossmarks front and back 1.8F 2.1R . they tend to slow down with lower presures.

Fast track front 1.6 renegade control rear 1.8

My brothers are heavier so the pump their wheel 0.15 - 0.2bar harder for every 5kg above 85kg

Guest Smimby

So - 1.4 rear and 1.5 front as a suggested start point? just make sure your guage is accurate at those pressures - plenty are not - my park tool pump is about 30% out at 1.3 - the wrong way... too soft...

Will do. I have an electronic guage that I use and it has a bottun where you can deflate untill you get the pressure you want.

I know 1.9 was a bit on the hard side, but ok for K2C road

:-)

Yes the renegades are nice, even the 29 x 1.95 is as wide as my 2.1 crossmark and weighs in at 530g. Perfect rear tire for flatish races.

Agreed, low rolling resistance is certainly a good positive. I have to say from personal experience that the Control version is the better one of the lot, sure it is not as soft as the S-Works, so you don't get the same amount of grip, but the durability is a lot better compared to the S-Works.

Guest Smimby

85kg- 29er

crossmarks front and back 1.8F 2.1R . they tend to slow down with lower presures.

My brothers are heavier so the pump their wheel 0.15 - 0.2bar harder for every 5kg above 85kg

Thanks, gonna keep this for reference

85kg- 29er

I weigh a little less than you do and have had many of the tyres mentioned above - I find that the front tyre deforms to much for my liking at such low pressures when you bunny hop over stuff and place large amounts of pressure on the front of the bike.

Currently I am running my Spez Fast Track front and rear at 1.8bar and it still has loads of grip meaning really good control of the bik, rides relatively comforably and still has loads of speed at this pressure and is not so hard as to get punctured easily.