Light fast rolling tyre.....durable....

Guest Smimby

It is a pitty they dont make the Vredestein Killer Bee anymore. THE fastest rolling tyre i have ever came accros

R100 ea for 26" ust at Solomons Woodmead. Whole pile they are clearing out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can one find them in CPT?

I bought my last set at CWC .... and they last a loooooonnnnnggggg time

Fully agree.

Was thinking to something light within reason. Ie not RR standard R90 tyre as the sidewall us paper thin.

So I wanted to know which tyre most people will trust enough to do K2c on that has low rolling resistance and weight within reason.

Maxxi Crossmarks....

durable, not too bad i n rolling resioatnce; perhaps bit heavy...but you can't have cake & eat it...

Fully agree.

Was thinking to something light within reason. Ie not RR standard R90 tyre as the sidewall us paper thin.

So I wanted to know which tyre most people will trust enough to do K2c on that has low rolling resistance and weight within reason.

I would guess at least 50% of the Karoo2Coast field will be on Racing Ralph.

Either Rocket Ron or Racing Ralph are great for Karoo2Coast, if you want the lightest tyre you can go without snakeskin and save about 80g a tyre. As the course is not technical there is little risk of a sidewall tear.

Of course the lightest by far is Furious Fred.

Disclaimer: I also happen to be selling both RoRo and RaRa quiet cheaply at the moment.

Where can one find them in CPT?

Here: http://www.carbon29er.com/geax-saguaro-tnt-29x2-2-tyre/

R100 ea for 26" ust at Solomons Woodmead. Whole pile they are clearing out.

Have 3 sets for the 26 but no 29 :(

Ok so my question is this... What tyres are you riding now?

Do you need new tyres generally or are you trying to shave off 5 minutes on your K2C pb?

If so, do it on a cyclo-x bike. Or just put cyclo-x tyres on your road bike. You will nail your K2C pb... promise

Guest Smimby

Thanks everyone

Very good advise here.....

Johan, hope it brightened your day a little :-)

Edited by Smimby

Guest Smimby

Do you need new tyres generally or are you trying to shave off 5 minutes on your K2C pb?

If so, do it on a cyclo-x bike. Or just put cyclo-x tyres on your road bike. You will nail your K2C pb... promise

I have RR on the back and spez ground control on the front....wanted something lighter for k2c to shave of even a min means I get a case of ...... Which is more than the tyres hehehe

And I need some new tyres for the HT anyway, the FS is more of my mud machine....

Edited by Smimby

Hi

I've had maxxis cross mark and ardent lust combo...good strong durable but bit on heavy side

I've had ralf non snakeskin..very quick light not very durable..

I've now got geax saguaro TNT ..this has to be the the best there is ...strong, quick light durable..

My recommendation..

Spez Renegades Control 2.3's Seriously blew my mind on the amount of grip you get on the 2.3 compared to the 1.95. They are well priced,(R400) Super fast rolling and the sidewalls are decent, loving mine at the moment! I push them as hard as a Rocket Ron in ST switchbacks and have not lost any front teeth yet!

I have RR on the back and spez ground control on the front....wanted something lighter for k2c to shave of even a min means I get a case of ...... Which is more than the tyres hehehe

And I need some new tyres for the HT anyway, the FS is more of my mud machine....

haha... Motivation is good.

I think the Geax Saguaro will serve well. For K2C I would also bang on a rigid fork. Who knows, you may even like the feel and ride with it permanently.

Also, I would train harder for the race than you did last time.... That's probably more important than the tyres, the rigid forks and the shaved legs put together...... :ph34r:

You recon ?

I was thinking of doing it on a CX bike but was wondering whether the (much) better brakes on the MTB would not be faster

happy to be convinced otherwise as I remain keen

You recon ?

I was thinking of doing it on a CX bike but was wondering whether the (much) better brakes on the MTB would not be faster

happy to be convinced otherwise as I remain keen

The brakes wont make you go faster :ph34r: but I know what you mean.....

You wont need the brakes. Put your head down and go. Its probably an easier race on a cx bike than most organised cx races.

Nothing ventured nothing gained... Do it. If you can hop your cx bike up and down pavements you can do it.......

Fly eddy fly!

If you can hop your cx bike up and down pavements you can do it.......

Clipped in or on flat pedals ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maxxis Larsen TT. Best tyre ever made. Connected centre knobs make it roll very nicely.

post-5007-0-56613700-1377804851_thumb.jpg

Sorry Azonic, the centre knobs do not look connected to me??

Edited by crashtose intolerant