Argus will be sold out this weekend

carbon29er

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All thought DC was expensive @ R6000, but that sold out over a weekend.

Now Argus sells out within a week @ R300+. (R800 for someone who needed to cover all costs)

I wonder what this kind of popularity is going to do to entry fees in future.

Not to be negative, but we always lambast PPA for the money they receive from the Argus and what they spend it on, but what about the other half that goes to the Rotary Club of Clarement? Or are they excluded from having to spend cycling's money on cycling?

All proceeds generated by the Cycle Tour are split equally between the Pedal Power Association and the Rotary Club of Claremont. These organisations, in turn, plough their share of the funds into cycling development and a large number of charitable organisations, schools and projects. - See more at: http://www.cycletour.co.za/index.php/causes/#sthash.STTClJjH.dpuf

Not to be negative, but we always lambast PPA for the money they receive from the Argus and what they spend it on, but what about the other half that goes to the Rotary Club of Clarement? Or are they excluded from having to spend cycling's money on cycling?

Don't worry about them they spend a lot of money doing very good work all over. Yup, most of it is community based and not cycling based but just look over their site, their fund raising and the effect they have had.

http://claremontrotary.co.za/home/

Going to have to use British passport and our foreign residence to get an international entry. Oops..

Thanks for that heads up,. my mate will do the same then. :thumbup:

I'm riding for Afrika Tikkun again this year. They have 100 places confirmed and held and what I like is that you can start in your seeded start group if you're racing or if you want the fun angle then you can kick off with their charity group.

They're not looking for a crazy entry fee but ask that you try raise R2180 to feed a child for a year which isn't a bad thing. ;)

If you want osme of that action then email events@afrikatikkun.org

All proceeds generated by the Cycle Tour are split equally between the Pedal Power Association and the Rotary Club of Claremont. These organisations, in turn, plough their share of the funds into cycling development and a large number of charitable organisations, schools and projects. - See more at: http://www.cycletour...h.STTClJjH.dpuf

Please feel free to come to a Claremont Rotary meeting. They do loads of good in the community. Money is always well spent.

Anybody is more than welcome to ask any questions.

PS: I am involved the Rotary family.

Edited by Let's Ride