Mamba rears its head - Tokai

DJR

Rode the new and improved Mamba this afternoon. Super super awesome!!!????????????. One question, there's a log across the trail about 3/4 way down. What's the plan there? Lots of potential for that spot.

Couple of options, but we're waiting to see what the little river does first!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode the new and improved Mamba this afternoon. Super super awesome!!!. One question, there's a log across the trail about 3/4 way down. What's the plan there? Lots of potential for that spot.

You mean you didn't jump it? ;)

You mean you didn't jump it? ;)

I thought about it, and then saw there was a fairly narrow bridge as a landing area. Wasn't going to stick that landing in a million years. My love for my teeth made me walk it rather.

Edited by Lone_Ranger

ha ha.. a bottle of whiskey to the one who gets to the other side, par avian..

For a good bottle of whiskey I'm willing to give it a try..

For a good bottle of whiskey I'm willing to give it a try..

NO, NO, teeth trumps whiskey! :D Really!

Chaps, the new mamba is absolutely brilliant. I really enjoyed the top section of the trail and the addition of the berms is a real winner.

Top work.

Yeah there's still quite a bit of work to be done, but get done it shall.

That reminds me - my youngster has said he wants to help (and in all probability he would be more use than me) so Deon just needs to let us know where he will be working this week and I will pitch up with a 10 year old suffering from school holiday madness and the worlds smallest spade.

That reminds me - my youngster has said he wants to help (and in all probability he would be more use than me) so Deon just needs to let us know where he will be working this week and I will pitch up with a 10 year old suffering from school holiday madness and the worlds smallest spade.

Lol.

Rode Mamba again this past weekend (3 times). Gets better with every ride!!!! Awesome stuff guys!!

Pity the "whiskey challenge" jump is gone :clap: , was going to give it a go.

Ya, Mamba is looking good - just have to work out how to carry enough speed into the third jump. Thanks for all the hard work trailbuilders!!!

Ya, Mamba is looking good - just have to work out how to carry enough speed into the third jump. Thanks for all the hard work trailbuilders!!!

I noticed that the jumps require a fair bit of pedal power, as not all of them are on steep downhill sections. Not that I considered taking the jumps. One day when my skills are have improved and I have my big biy pants on I'll give those a try.

Generally it does seem a bit more "pedally" than before, if that makes sense.

Before I get flamed, this is not a negative, just different to the previous incarnation of Mamba.

I noticed that the jumps require a fair bit of pedal power, as not all of them are on steep downhill sections. Not that I considered taking the jumps. One day when my skills are have improved and I have my big biy pants on I'll give those a try.

Generally it does seem a bit more "pedally" than before, if that makes sense.

Before I get flamed, this is not a negative, just different to the previous incarnation of Mamba.

The flow seems quite nice but I think in the main the changes were to help with drainage try and limit future water damage.

The flow seems quite nice but I think in the main the changes were to help with drainage try and limit future water damage.

OK. Definitely working then, cos its withstood the recent rain remarkably well. I actually get it now, by keeping the trail fairly flat the rivers flow across rather than along the trails. These trailbuilders are SUPERSMART!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: